Jump to content

Rice (1/19/2023)


greenminer

Mean Green vs. Owls  

35 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

    • North Texas Mean Green
      32
    • Rice Owls
      3

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2023 at 04:00 AM

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

No energy in The Pit tonight.  Feels like the team doesn't want it.

Almost like combining a grueling, tedious style and six games in two weeks without depth takes a serious toll on the roster. Not an excuse - just pointing out they look worn down and why energy is probably lacking vs. not wanting it. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

grand scheme of things, the loss does not mean anything.  still a good team...big setback, but we all know the tourney is what matters.  the boys are still in line for a bye

You are right. They were going to have to win the tourney anyway, but this is still a bad look.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Almost like combining a grueling, tedious style and six games in two weeks without depth takes a serious toll on the roster. Not an excuse - just pointing out they look worn down and why energy is probably lacking vs. not wanting it. 

Wish we’d give Christian Moore some run. He might be the most pure PG on this roster and has shot the ball well in his limited opportunities. I get Mccasland needs to trust his guys defensively before he gives them minutes, but with the turnovers piling up it seems Moore’s abilities could help with some of our issues, as well as fatigue.

  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MeanGreen22 said:

Watching Ruben and Abou this season has been a chore. Feels like they’ve regressed when we REALLY needed them to take a step. 

Ruben is not immune to criticism, but I feel like blaming him is not top priority right now.  The things screaming at me are, among other things 1) where is Abou offensively? 2) Who are we offensively? Kai? Scott? Eady? These guys are showing us stuff, but it's not adding up.  3) why hasn't Grant been leveling up recruiting? These "system" guys have gotten us to an amazing place among the mid-majors.  But when do we take the next step?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Watching Rubin and Abou this season has been a chore. Feels like they’ve regressed when we REALLY needed them to take a step. 

Rubin’s shot looks like it has a hitch in it this season. Either that or he brings his shooting elbow further away from his vertical plane and it just looks ugly. Regardless, 9-43 on the season from deep speaks for itself.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, greenminer said:

Ruben is not immune to criticism, but I feel like blaming him is not top priority right now.  The things screaming at me are, among other things 1) where is Abou offensively? 2) Who are we offensively? Kai? Scott? Eady? These guys are showing us stuff, but it's not adding up.  3) why hasn't Grant been leveling up recruiting? These "system" guys have gotten us to an amazing place among the mid-majors.  But when do we take the next step?

All fair. Plenty of questions all around. Just pointing out 2 of our top 3 returning guys have been mostly disappointing. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That one hurt… BUT we still have a lot of games left. CUSA is super tight this year. Credit to rice for playing a complete game honestly. You never know what can happen throughout the rest of January and February. Every game has seemed to come down to big shots towards the end of the game. I do feel like we are missing mardrez for some of his big shots though

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Rubin’s shot looks like it has a hitch in it this season. Either that or he brings his shooting elbow further away from his vertical plane and it just looks ugly. Regardless, 9-43 on the season from deep speaks for itself.

I’ve noticed that about Rubin as well.  He has really struggled and I wonder if it isn’t that he is playing injured.

  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 40

      Where do we go from here?

    2. 1

      G5 to P4 transfers

    3. 296

      QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

    4. 8

      Report: TE Coach Chris Gilbert headed back to UT

    5. 1

      G5 to P4 transfers

  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      15,342
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    MeandudeGreen1
    Joined
  • GEOVbwaWAAEbd3Q.jpg

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.