Embarrasing showing by TCU

I don’t think it is fair to call it embarrassing.  TCU has us a magical ride and played at a high level all season. But this just shows the difference in elite programs and everyone else.   UGA has a stable of 5️ and TCU is doing with high 3s and 4s.   And what isn’t talked about, is Coaching.  These elite programs have top-level staffs.  Top to bottom.  

there are probably 129 other teams that would trade places with them, even if they knew getting mud holed was in their future.   

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

TCU is not playing like they know ow to play.  And these pro-UGA announcers are really annoying.

I think the announcers aren't the only pro-UGA'ers tonight - refs are definitely not helping TCU.

However, UGA is absolutely heads-and-shoulders better.  Not many teams would fare better tonight ... maybe Ohio State in a rematch or Alabama ... but UGA is definitely different-level.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

53 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Wow this is hard to watch.

I think it is more of Georgia dominating than it is TCU playing an embarrassing game.

Also, this (as we have seen time and again over the last 7 years) is what happens when you run a tempo offense and can’t move the ball. Your defense gets left to the wolves.

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Not the first blowout I've ever seen in the National Title game and I'm sure it won't be the last.  Sometimes in these big games things with so much on the line, things start to snowball and it gets out of hand.

Sorry CMJ but there has not been this level of blowout in the nationaL championship game ever or at least in the modern era.  Just an absolutely pathetic and embarrassing showing for TCU.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I wonder if Sonny picked up some pointers from his good buddy Seth on how to get absolutely embarrassed when the lights are the brightest. 

Georgia beat LSU for the SEC title by 3 touchdowns. TCU lost the the Big12 title game. These teams aren’t close to the same level. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Sorry CMJ but there has not been this level of blowout in the nationaL championship game ever or at least in the modern era.  Just an absolutely pathetic and embarrassing showing for TCU.

Not true, Alabama ran through Notre Dame like a dump truck through a glass wall several years ago.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Define modern era.

Nebraska could have beaten Florida by about 70 points in 1995 if they wanted to.  That's the first one that comes to mind that's similar.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2