Western Kentucky (3/6/12)

CMJ

Here's what I think:

This team wasn't ready for the big stage anyways.

We would have gotten face-effed in the tourney.

This team should be really good next year.

Agreed. Didn't really have any other options besides Tony. Really could have used more bodies/scorers...cough CJ and JW cough

• Upvote 2

when we got up 13 and started celebrating like we had won...i knew we were done...the killer instinct i saw us play with for 2 days up and left and right then i told my self i think we have lost this game....shit i wish i wasnt right...im beyond depressed....but next year really should be awesome if t-mich stays

• Upvote 2

Agreed. Didn't really have any other options besides Tony. Really could have used more bodies/scorers...cough CJ and JW cough

plenty of other options...walton/holmen/williams/franklin...the team just ran out of gas from all the big minutes due to the short bench this year. they will be back...this loss sucks donkey balls...but they will return!

The issue was the play calling. Hands down the worst play calling I have seen in years. A coach who wants to win will not sit on the ball the last 2 minutes of the game with a 2 or 4 point lead. The result... we get two awful deep 3 point shots a rushed shot in the paint and a shot clock violation! He must have reached into Avery Johnson's playbook a bit... You will never see Coach K attempt to sit on a lead. But two years in a row our play calling has been sub par and we have left hot springs empty handed.

• Upvote 3

This is a hard team to invest in. I only saw them twice living out of town - UTA and this give away. I did see them beat Southern I believe it was.

Either way they play stupid ball at times undisciplined frantic...That is how I see this team with an untrained eye.

the future is excellent - not with this style of franatic play. this was it I am afraid. We don't sniff the tourney once in the Alliance and does anyone really think Western is going to step back next year?

Love my Alma Mater but this rerun is disgusting.

Nice season. Bring on football.

GMG

when we got up 13 and started celebrating like we had won...i knew we were done...the killer instinct i saw us play with for 2 days up and left and right then i told my self i think we have lost this game....shit i wish i wasnt right...im beyond depressed....but next year really should be awesome if t-mich stays

Yeah, I was wondering about the intensity of that celebration. The whole Mean Green basketball nation, mens' and womens', must get over this "13" or "20" up with lots of game left means all that much.

Forgive my ignorance but were there a lot of players from last year on the bench tonight? If so how do they not have a killer instinct and play smart the final half of the second half to ensure last year doesn't happen again? I mean these eagles are the rangers. Nobody seems really urgent and mad enough to do a Dirk and rip the heart out of the other team? It's crazy.

After Maverick mania last year it has been a Rangers collapse and another Mean Green collapse. Crazy.

GMG

The issue was the play calling. Hands down the worst play calling I have seen in years. A coach who wants to win will not sit on the ball the last 2 minutes of the game with a 2 or 4 point lead. The result... we get two awful deep 3 point shots a rushed shot in the paint and a shot clock violation! He must have reached into Avery Johnson's playbook a bit... You will never see Coach K attempt to sit on a lead. But two years in a row our play calling has been sub par and we have left hot springs empty handed.

Please elaborate, what specific plays did we call and what plays should we have called? I like the play that WKU called when they almost throw it away and have a guy laying on the ground almost out of bounds and then have a guy hit a 3 , their coach is a genius. They hit shots down the stretch, we didn't. Plain and simple.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2