UNT Projected in Bahamas Bowl

EagleGreen

After week 8, UNT is projected to play in the Bahamas Bowl by McMurphy.  There is a lot of football to play but nice we are getting a little recognition.  #hit6 

Popeyes Bahamas Bowl

Thomas Robinson Stadium, Nassau, Bahamas
Dec. 23, 1 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Old Dominion vs. Tulsa
McMurphy: North Texas vs. Tulsa

Link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17806724/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-8

1 minute ago, EagleGreen said:

After week 8, UNT is projected to play in the Bahamas Bowl by McMurphy.  There is a lot of football to play but nice we are getting a little recognition.  #hit6 

Popeyes Bahamas Bowl

Thomas Robinson Stadium, Nassau, Bahamas
Dec. 23, 1 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Old Dominion vs. Tulsa
McMurphy: North Texas vs. Tulsa

Link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17806724/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-8

What's the going rate to for a trip to the Bahamas?

I understand that before the 2014 season, after the Heart of Dallas Bowl win, that all the players and staff applied for a passport so, if at Bahamas Bowl bid came our way, the team would be ready to board an airplane and go.  I wonder if that was true and if so, if the team is so prepared.

I did some quick studying about Thomas Robinson Stadium.  It was named for Robinson who was a frequent  Olympic track athlete from the Bahamas.  The stadium is mostly covered and seats 15,000 although it can be expanded to seat 30,000.  2016 would be the 3rd bowl game held there. 

Beat West Point

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

2 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If we were so fortunate to go bowl'ing I think many would still prefer playing a Big 10 opponent in the HOD Bowl than someone from the MAC in the Bahamas.

GMG!

In our case, beggars can't be choosers. We'll get what we get if we make it to at least 6-6.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

In our case, beggars can't be choosers. We'll get what we get if we make it to at least 6-6.

?Merely projecting.  

As far as any Bowl talk, just so excited we are not having to wait to Year 5 of one of those old "5 year plans"  coaches in the NCAA used to talk about (or their AD doing the same).  That was also called: Buying Time!?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Just as an option there is a Disney Cruise that departs the 22nd from Port Canaveral, FL. Arrives the 23rd in Nassau at 9:30am.  Kick off is at 1pm so there is some time prior to the game.  Only issue is that you need to be back on the ship by 5:15 with the stadium being 20 min from the cruise terminal, you may not be able to stay after the game for the trophy ect...   Following day is at a beach then a day at sea for Christmas.  Family of 4 should be about $6K for an inside state room.  I just thought I would throw it out there if someone needs to talk to the wifey about an unforgetable trip for the family over Christmas that may just have a UNT bowl game included.....

I know these predictions mean nothing this early, but what is almost as crazy (almost) is that we have a team that won 1 game last year and was a preseason pick by many to be one of the worst teams in college football - and people are complaining about any bowl chance.... The Green Bar has risen quickly :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ipd054 said:

Just as an option there is a Disney Cruise that departs the 22nd from Port Canaveral, FL. Arrives the 23rd in Nassau at 9:30am.  Kick off is at 1pm so there is some time prior to the game.  Only issue is that you need to be back on the ship by 5:15 with the stadium being 20 min from the cruise terminal, you may not be able to stay after the game for the trophy ect...   Following day is at a beach then a day at sea for Christmas.  Family of 4 should be about $6K for an inside state room.  I just thought I would throw it out there if someone needs to talk to the wifey about an unforgetable trip for the family over Christmas that may just have a UNT bowl game included.....

That Disney cruise is pretty well sold out...unless you want one of the more expensive rooms.  We have done that exact cruise twice and it would be pretty "tight" time-wise to use it for transport to the Bahamas Bowl.  But, could be done, but you might not get to see the entire game.  You suggested an inside room...I believe they are all sold.  Wife checked about a month ago...just in case.  Christmas season Disney cruises are pretty "magical"...if you will pardon the pun.  The ship is extensively decorated, the characters are all decked out in season attire, gingerbread house building (reserve your spot for that activity early...it sells out pretty fast), character breakfast, etc., etc. Our grandsons lived it!  And, yes, there is stuff for adults...adults only pool, some bar areas reserved for adults, etc.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1