UNT vs. Tulane (10/21/23 Score Predictions)

Big Z

2 hours ago, rojomojo said:

Key to win is definitely through the air. Tulane has allowed more passing yards than us (wild to look at on paper)

This is because they are very good against the run and force teams to throw.  Keys to the game are:

- Whether or not we can establish a running game

- Rogers making great decisions (Limit sacks and INTs)

- Countering whatever Tulane adjusts at halftime

As someone else already said, Tulane has been able to clamp down and shut down teams in the second half not named Ole Miss.  I don't expect much from our defense, so they don't make the list.  They have to have a pulse, though.  Can't allow 250+ rushing yards and expect this game to be close.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rojomojo said:

Key to win is definitely through the air. Tulane has allowed more passing yards than us (wild to look at on paper)

While it is true that they give up 45 yards per game more through the air, we give up 180 yards per game more on the ground. Why would anyone pass on us needlessly? They aren’t a bad pass defense, we just have such a bad rush defense that most teams don’t bother passing on us.

Edited by Cr1028

9 hours ago, rojomojo said:

If we were playing Tulane from early season, I think we may have a fighting chance. However Tulane has drastically improved so it's difficult seeing an upset here.

Tulane 44

UNT 20

Similar vibe to the Cal game

Tulane played their best game their first game of the season.  Pratt got hurt at the end, missed the Ole Miss game when they blew a lead and should have put the game on ice before halftime but the 2nd string QB missed plays.  The Green Wave hasn't played nearly as well since, and in every game has had extended periods of lethargic play.  But I think they put it together with a solid running game and a lot of emotion from a sold out stadium.  If Tulane plays it's best, it won't be much of a game.  If they play like they've played the last 4 weeks, it will be close well into the 2nd half and UNT will cover.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Looking at the results so far....geez, Navy and FIU were so winnable. This should be 5-1 vs 5-1. Probably be a little hype around it. 

But I don't see us +20 like the spread shows. Tulane hasn't blown anyone out except for Nichols. I'm not saying we'll win but we have a chance if we put it all together. Need a couple of breaks and we need last week's first half Chandler Rogers for 2 halves this week.

I can see something along the lines of:

Tulane 45 UNT 34

I think we beat the spread

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Looking at the results so far....geez, Navy and FIU were so winnable. This should be 5-1 vs 5-1. Probably be a little hype around it. 

But I don't see us +20 like the spread shows. Tulane hasn't blown anyone out except for Nichols. I'm not saying we'll win but we have a chance if we put it all together. Need a couple of breaks and we need last week's first half Chandler Rogers for 2 halves this week.

I can see something along the lines of:

Tulane 45 UNT 34

I think we beat the spread

I agree, but was  thinking more along the line of 35-24.  While I obviously won’t be happy with a loss, I’m just hoping for a competitive game.  One of my biggest complaints about SL was that we often seemed to get wiped out in a game like this.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1