Most important question after hiring a new Head Coach..........New Uniforms?

Got5onIt

Not that RV has contributed to many issues, but is anyone sure he picked the uniforms? In most cases it's the HC

In a couple of GMG podcasts, RV has made it clear uniform decisions are his to pick and purchase, then the determination for combinations on gameday were up to HC and the team captains.

• Upvote 3

There are aspects of the current uniforms that I don't like and was very negative about initially, but overall the helmets and uniform combos the last 2-3 seasons are much better than anything else they've had the last 25 years. Not saying I wouldn't prefer some updating or a complete redo. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Please burn and bury the all-green, jolly green giant uniforms.  And the all-black uniforms.  Our colors are green and white.  Period.

Tap the breaks a bit on your "period".   That didn't sound right, but be aware that black IS an official color for UNT.    It's a secondary color to green and white, but the official colors aren't solely green and white.  See below. 

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

just sayin'.

• Upvote 5

Tap the breaks a bit on your "period".   That didn't sound right, but be aware that black IS an official color for UNT.    It's a secondary color to green and white, but the official colors aren't solely green and white.  See below. 

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

just sayin'.

I get what you're saying but that even says white is a secondary color. I think he does have a point seeing as the fight song would have us cheer for the green and white. I know it is crazy but that OU vs NT footage of Littrell playing had me nostalgic for the Big West uniforms.

• Upvote 1

Careful, that's how two of our conference mates have ended up with the mighty designs of Russell Athletics!

/s

But really, RV incredibly whiffed on the uniforms this year. 

We had New Balance uniforms in the past! Be careful what you wish for!!!!

I say remove any flashiness. Go for the basics. Hopefully it will be akin to taking the team back to basics. Block, Tackle, pass, catch, and learn your position. If we get those correct no one will care what our uniforms look like.

This was my first season on GMG, although I have been a fan since I transferred to UNT in 1994. I know we didn't have much to cheer for this year, but next year is another year. I know we can't expect miracles, but if it is more of the same perhaps someone locate Serrano and his demi-god Jobu and see if we can sacrifice a live chicken!

It is low hanging fruit, but +1 whoever gets the reference.

We had New Balance uniforms in the past! Be careful what you wish for!!!!

I say remove any flashiness. Go for the basics. Hopefully it will be akin to taking the team back to basics. Block, Tackle, pass, catch, and learn your position. If we get those correct no one will care what our uniforms look like.

This was my first season on GMG, although I have been a fan since I transferred to UNT in 1994. I know we didn't have much to cheer for this year, but next year is another year. I know we can't expect miracles, but if it is more of the same perhaps someone locate Serrano and his demi-god Jobu and see if we can sacrifice a live chicken!

It is low hanging fruit, but +1 whoever gets the reference.

I say go back to the basics as well. Both uniform and fundamentals. Take every single stripe off of every jersey, pant, and helmet. All white on the road. Solid green jersey (no stripes) with solid white pants (no stripes) at home. Keep the SOW and nothing else on the helmets. I was for the uniform change until I saw what they put our team in, but I would rather look like a green version of Penn State than the hot garbage running around out there right now. It would be an inexpensive and effective change of uniform. Change it to that and stick with it for 50 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1