Most important question after hiring a new Head Coach..........New Uniforms?

Got5onIt

I'm of the mindset "fake it until you make it". Boise State rolled out modern unis and completely changed the image of the program. Like it or not, these kids want flashy unis. They want to look good while they play. All things equal, they're going to the school with the coolest attire. 

our away game uniforms look like the star wars storm troopers what hotter than star wars???

our away game uniforms look like the star wars storm troopers what hotter than star wars???

oh no don't get me wrong. Absolutely destroy those disgusting things they used this year. I'm saying use Boise at a template. Only the Texas' and Alabama's of the world can go "traditional". Use smaller guys gotta go flashy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

oh no don't get me wrong. Absolutely destroy those disgusting things they used this year. I'm saying use Boise at a template. Only the Texas' and Alabama's of the world can go "traditional". Use smaller guys gotta go flashy. 

Penn St is as traditional as it gets. USC goes traditional. Ga Southern same. BC same. Rice same. The list goes on. 

I do get what you are saying, but if we are going to go flashy we need to actually go flashy. If not, then go old school traditional. Get us some plain uniforms, but still somewhat appealing to the eyes. This year was an absolute bust. When they were showcased to the fan base and players the reaction was awkward. It was awkward because they were hyped up for about 3 weeks in the offseason and then ta-da! I hope the current uniforms get trashed. But hey, what can we really expect out of this AD. Not much is typically the answer, hence why he is still here. 

• Downvote 1

I'm of the mindset "fake it until you make it". Boise State rolled out modern unis and completely changed the image of the program. Like it or not, these kids want flashy unis. They want to look good while they play. All things equal, they're going to the school with the coolest attire. 

Baylor looked pretty good losing to Texas this past Saturday...

Boise was good before they started rolling out those new look uniforms.  I see your point, but kids are lining up to play for Bama, LSU, OU and Texas. Those schools aren't changing their uniforms. I know we aren't those schools, just saying that for every school that tries the "new look", there are plenty of schools that keep it consistent.

We had New Balance uniforms in the past! Be careful what you wish for!!!!

I say remove any flashiness. Go for the basics. Hopefully it will be akin to taking the team back to basics. Block, Tackle, pass, catch, and learn your position. If we get those correct no one will care what our uniforms look like.

This was my first season on GMG, although I have been a fan since I transferred to UNT in 1994. I know we didn't have much to cheer for this year, but next year is another year. I know we can't expect miracles, but if it is more of the same perhaps someone locate Serrano and his demi-god Jobu and see if we can sacrifice a live chicken!

It is low hanging fruit, but +1 whoever gets the reference.

• Upvote 3

DSC_4986-e1442159305686.jpg

This is probably the closest thing to a "good" look we had all year, but they do not evoke the Stormtrooper vibe.

okvkm8krj7adan1wju4s.jpg

This however, does the Stormtrooper look make. I would kill for our road unis to look as bad-ass as this, but with green numbers.

• Upvote 4

Baylor looked pretty good losing to Texas this past Saturday...

Boise was good before they started rolling out those new look uniforms.  I see your point, but kids are lining up to play for Bama, LSU, OU and Texas. Those schools aren't changing their uniforms. I know we aren't those schools, just saying that for every school that tries the "new look", there are plenty of schools that keep it consistent.

lining up for name not uniform

• Upvote 2

lining up for name not uniform

Schools like Alabama, LSU, etc... have the luxury of a storied past and strong performance on the field  to bring them attention as opposed to uniforms(exception being Texas the last few years). Remember, for the longest time, Oregon wasn't even an afterthought until Joey Harrington back in 99-03 was a Heisman guy. While they enjoyed an increase in visibility with their bowl games, the casual fan started paying more attention with the whole "what are they going to wear this week?"

While I'm not a huge proponent of style over substance, we have a unique situation where we could really do a lot with a moniker like "Mean Green". If we can get the team to dramatically improve, adding more uniform panache would bring more attention. Remember the HOD bowl when commentators were blowing up the tweeter machines with accolades for the helmets?  

• Upvote 4

Guys:  When someone brings up uniform talk, it's not to "talk", it's so one of those whiz kid uniform app users can put up a couple of pictures of UNT players in new unis that make us look like badass warriors so that we have a little hope for next year.  Enough yappin'.  Bring on the vidya game lookin' pictures and while you're at it, put the new coach in some UNT gear.  That green carolina shirt is pissin' me off.

• Upvote 3

Guys:  When someone brings up uniform talk, it's not to "talk", it's so one of those whiz kid uniform app users can put up a couple of pictures of UNT players in new unis that make us look like badass warriors so that we have a little hope for next year.  Enough yappin'.  Bring on the vidya game lookin' pictures and while you're at it, put the new coach in some UNT gear.  That green carolina shirt is pissin' me off.

This this this

pick a shade of green and stick with it, i have so many t-shirts in different shades of green.

Amen brother!  My pocketbook can't afford another change of colors.

I'm a fan of the current helmet and a simple look.  Can't stand the tricked up huge logos on the helmet, uniforms where you can barely see the numbers, uniforms that aren't even school colors, etc., etc.

DSC_4986-e1442159305686.jpg

This is probably the closest thing to a "good" look we had all year, but they do not evoke the Stormtrooper vibe.

okvkm8krj7adan1wju4s.jpg

This however, does the Stormtrooper look make. I would kill for our road unis to look as bad-ass as this, but with green numbers.

1. The green triangle with "North Texas" is awkward. It should have been white with a green SOW.

2. The black SOWs on the sleeves should be white with a black outline.

3. You can't see from this picture, but the name font on these jerseys is awful. Way too big and clunky.

I don't know why everyone hates Oregon uniforms so much. I love them.

Because they wear something different every freaking game and none of the looks are any good. 

I like the current green, go with that in the 100 year/Idaho game design with a white helmet and green eagle, no letters.

New Balance makes one of the best football shoes out there and is a great brand.  Who cares who makes them as long as they look good.  Pick something and stick with it.  The all black and all green needs to go.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Because they wear something different every freaking game and none of the looks are any good. 

I like the current green, go with that in the 100 year/Idaho game design with a white helmet and green eagle, no letters.

New Balance makes one of the best football shoes out there and is a great brand.  Who cares who makes them as long as they look good.  Pick something and stick with it.  The all black and all green needs to go.

Boo this man. Booooo.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If I wasn't so busy, I'd throw together some designs inspired by a few Oregon unis I like. I really would love to bring back the HOD bowl helmets. I'm a firm believer that the players seeing how awesome the unis were pushed them to an even elevated level on excitement. That carbon fiber finish with the metallic eagle was just beautiful   

• Downvote 1