Love the Unis

MeanGreen_MBA

9 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Worst look I've seen in over 40 years of watching NT football.  We looked like a bunch of practice jerseys running against a school ready to play on game day.

GREEN !  Why is that so hard to grasp ?  We look sharp in green.  We created a problem that wasn't a problem.  GREEN !

Green for an away jersey?  That is indeed difficult to grasp.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

This is an obscure reference, but do you remember the away game at Arkansas State in the mud and rain when Johnny Quinn made the one handed catch for a touchdown?   Our uniforms last night reminded me of those wet dirty white jerseys. 

Oh, and Tiger's dad Earl... he says hi. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

My wife commented to me last night, "Why are we wearing black and grey?" I told her to have a variety of unis to appease to kids. She then said, "If no one knew better, they'd be hard pressed to know we are UNT." 

She also mentioned the bands shorts and t-shirts.

Listening to her say these things were surprising. She's the most uncynical person I know. Truly my better half. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I'm not the biggest fan of the color combo in general (it's ok, not great), but I am glad that the tops were gray instead of bright white. I think that looked better. That being said, the numbers could've been darker.

Absolutely love the "Let It Fly" touch on the back of the helmets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

My wife commented to me last night, "Why are we wearing black and grey?" I told her to have a variety of unis to appease to kids. She then said, "If no one knew better, they'd be hard pressed to know we are UNT." 

She also mentioned the bands shorts and t-shirts.

Listening to her say these things were surprising. She's the most uncynical person I know. Truly my better half. 

Hold on... You are married?!?! Man she must be a patient young lady. God bless her. 

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I may not have made myself clear. I really hated the grey uniform.  We played the way we looked.

45 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I may not have made myself clear. I really hated the grey uniform.  We played the way we looked.

IMG_0576.JPG

• Upvote 1

The grey uni on any team is one of my least favorite looks.  That being said, these were probably the best grey unis I've seen.

Since I got a "confused" reply, I guess I'll explain.  Let's use a beer analogy.  I don't like light beer, but Bud Light is the best light beer I've tasted.  I still don't like Bud Light, I just like it better than all the other light beers.  I don't like our grey uniforms, but I like them better than any other grey uniform I've seen.

Edited by NT93
  • Confused 1