UNT/FIU Score Predictions

Big Z

We had better win this game, because FIU is bottom 10 material for sure.  They played La Tech close, but were actually dominated statistically in week 1.

The talent level disparity won't be an issue this week against FIU. I think that will allow the defense to settle in and play better. I expect the running game to pick it up, which will allow the passing game to open up late.   With 50 transfers, Cal may be better than expected this year (possible lower bowl team).

I actually expected a loss last week, but certainly did not expect that horrible performance.  I think our guys are pissed and bounce back this week.

34-20 NT

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 4

FIU is no P5-level team, or even a mediocre P5 team such as Cal.  Scheduling Cal as the opening game was a bad mistake. It was close to one of those mismatched 'body bag' games that used to be UNT's annual, fund-raising' practice. That game was even a bigger mismatch given that UNT is in a major rebuilding phase, both team and coaching staff.

UNT's 4 Horsemen of the Green Apocalypse (Ragsdale, Johnson, Adeyi and Adaway) should have a good night and run roughshod over a weak FIU D-line.   38-24 UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

15 minutes ago, antique_alum said:

FIU is no P5-level team, or even a mediocre P5 team such as Cal.  Scheduling Cal as the opening game was a bad mistake. It was close to one of those mismatched 'body bag' games that used to be UNT's annual, fund-raising' practice. That game was even a bigger mismatch given that UNT is in a major rebuilding phase, both team and coaching staff.

UNT's 4 Horsemen of the Green Apocalypse (Ragsdale, Johnson, Adeyi and Adaway) should have a good night and run roughshod over a weak FIU D-line.   38-24 UNT.

I bet the Wyoming and TXSt fans are saying the same things after they played similar teams.  🙄

The idea that having Cal at home would be anything remotely similar to playing a National Title contender on the road is completely laughable.    Cal is not that kind of team. 

And no, we're not in a "major rebuilding phase".   We return a majority of starters from last year.

• Upvote 2