Why is this process taking so long?

Tom McKrackin

The State of Texas requires state university job postings be active for 10 business days, so you will not see an announcement before that time threshold has been met.  That puts it at the end of next week, assuming the posting went live on Monday morning.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don’t think this is true. TXST fired Spavital and hired Kinne in less than a week. 

I think your right in hires like this and if not there must be ways to fudge factor it. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Big E said:

The State of Texas requires state university job postings be active for 10 business days, so you will not see an announcement before that time threshold has been met.  That puts it at the end of next week, assuming the posting went live on Monday morning.

They can always make a commitment to hire and announce then fill out the paper a few days later.

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don’t think this is true. TXST fired Spavital and hired Kinne in less than a week. 

I checked the Texas State Univ. policy manual online and they do note the 10 day requirement, however they have a 5 day requirement for positions including administrative assistants, groundskeepers and janitors.  Perhaps they are able to put coaches into this category somehow?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, Big E said:

I checked the Texas State Univ. policy manual online and they do note the 10 day requirement, however they have a 5 day requirement for positions including administrative assistants, groundskeepers and janitors.  Perhaps they are able to put coaches into this category somehow?

Maybe.

For the record, I don't think it's taken too long yet. I never expected to hear a name until later this week. Now, if we still don't know by next Monday then I'll start to get upset. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 3

SCOOP listed 5 coaches to consider. Besides Riley and Harold they touted 3 who have a strong Texas high school background. My vote, which doesn't count ,is to find a head  coach with a similar bio as the ones at UTSA and TT . I also am not excited about automatically promoting someone internally [if he is qualified let him interview like anyone else] to Athletic Director who has never hired a head football coach in concert with a President who hasn't either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wardly said:

SCOOP listed 5 coaches to consider. Besides Riley and Harold they touted 3 who have a strong Texas high school background. My vote, which doesn't count ,is to find a head  coach with a similar bio as the ones at UTSA and TT . I also am not excited about automatically promoting someone internally [if he is qualified let him interview like anyone else] to Athletic Director who has never hired a head football coach in concert with a President who hasn't either.

Mosely has been an athletic director before and has hired head football coaches. I’m not saying he should be the guy, I am just pointing out that he has some of the experience you thought he lacked.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Big E said:

Well, we do need someone to clean up this mess left behind by Seth. Perhaps they get to be the highest paid janitor in the state for 5 days until the 10 day requirement is met and they can officially be a HC. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Usually when a college coach is fired the university usually puts something out as to the direction they are wanting to take the program.  So far there has been next to nothing out of the school.  Is this just a head coaching change, or are they replacing the entire staff?  Was the University prepared for this situation?   

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2