Yes Or No Part 2

TXST_CAT

Yes.

It would be nice to renew our old rivalries with both Texas State and New Mexico State. All-time, we've played no other schools as many times as we've played Texas State, 39 (29-7-3 record)

The next closest, both with 33 games:

New Mexico State (22-9-2)

SMU (4-28-1)

We've already got some SMU games scheduled in the future. It would nice to play former rivals NMSU and Texas State again.

As to a bowl in SA....I'm guessing you're talking about a brand new one. I doubt the Alamo Bowl would want any part of the new WAC...since they've had Big Ten and Big 12 teams in there. So if you're talking a new bowl....it would have to be certified.

• Upvote 2

No. I do think that Texas St and UTSA have a lot of potential. But, I would like to see them play a few seasons at the FBS level first (I realize that they may have to have a conference invite to do that in the future). I was glad to see USU leave the Sunbelt before and would not want to have to schedule them again on a regular basis.