Off-season Logo Talk

Green Nightmare

2:00 kickoff?? Geez, it's almost as if UNT once considered itself equal to other college programs. Glad they came to their senses, accepted reality, and decided on the oddball 6:00pm kickoff so that our fans won't miss Longhorns games.

Huh. I'd never thought of that before. I'd always assumed via the number of people I know who can't show up until 4 on the average Saturday that it has just become a much more common work day than it was 35 years ago.

and the only topics we could muster were logo ones.

I've never been a fan of many of the past logo's but we should have stuck with this one

!BKIhMnw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKikEjlLmcfMhBJYR9Cu

Ebay

Stuck with which one? That linked "NT" logo or the "Eagle" above it? That version of a linked NT was never used as an official logo. The Stylized Eagle, or Flying Worm as some warmingly refer to it, was our official logo under Hayden Fry. Good times and wins then compared to now. :(

Stuck with which one? That linked "NT" logo or the "Eagle" above it? That version of a linked NT was never used as an official logo. The Stylized Eagle, or Flying Worm as some warmingly refer to it, was our official logo under Hayden Fry. Good times and wins then compared to now. :(

The linked NT. Would look great on some white helmest for the last 30 years

However I am resigned to the tradition of there being no tradition and that our logo will change always. Although I hope we can hang onto this eagle we have now the SOW

2:00 kickoff?? Geez, it's almost as if UNT once considered itself equal to other college programs. Glad they came to their senses, accepted reality, and decided on the oddball 6:00pm kickoff so that our fans won't miss Longhorns games.

Have you ever been to a game in Fouts at 3pm? We had a lot games with a 3pm kickoff while I was a student, and the student side is a cookout. I was very pleased when they started pushing back game time so I could actually enjoy the games instead of getting dehydrated at the end of the first quarter.

You know, it is not a good idea to start at six anymore. Now with ABC showing the Saturday Night College Football matchup of the week, we go head to head against the biggest names in the game.

I say lets start at eleven or noon. We can drink afterwards. It will be relatively cool and we don't have to use the lights so we will save a lil on generators.

What do you think?

Of course we will be still going up against the Big Ten (11) games and early Big 12 games.

What about doing the Thursday night games a la Big East? No one around here really follows that league.

You know, it is not a good idea to start at six anymore. Now with ABC showing the Saturday Night College Football matchup of the week, we go head to head against the biggest names in the game.

I say lets start at eleven or noon. We can drink afterwards. It will be relatively cool and we don't have to use the lights so we will save a lil on generators.

What do you think?

Of course we will be still going up against the Big Ten (11) games and early Big 12 games.

What about doing the Thursday night games a la Big East? No one around here really follows that league.

No no no no no no no no never never never no no no no no

/Normed

Ahhh...I miss some of the old logo discussions from the past. Here are a few old images I found from back then (what was I thinking on some of these?).

helmetoptions.png

Was pretty close with this helmet prediction.

samplehelmet2.png

This one too.

samplehelmet1.png

NTVPNG.png

Just messing around.

MGLOGOS.jpg

The theme I wanted when the new logo choices had come out.

NTLogoHelmet.jpg

An old helmet logo I wanted.

NTLogo.jpg

Another logo I wanted.

Last year or the year before, someone came up with a helmet graphic that I really liked. I even showed it to RV.

It was a green helmet with the new Eagle logo almost too big for the helmet. It wrapped around the helmet and had a mirror image on the other side.

Anyone got that ?

I believe it was Smitty that posted those. I did a quick search, but the pictures were not still up in the threads that I looked at.

Last year or the year before, someone came up with a helmet graphic that I really liked. I even showed it to RV.

It was a green helmet with the new Eagle logo almost too big for the helmet. It wrapped around the helmet and had a mirror image on the other side.

Anyone got that ?

Here you go mate. Courtesy of the multi-talented Smitty.

helmet-70eagle.png