Beyond The Green

UNT Mean Green

Another good episode. I'll never understand why RV canceled it in the first place. I love the behind the scenes look we get every week. I just wish they would have included footage of the argument between the coaches. I was really hoping to see and hear some of what they said to each other. Guess the athletic department requested that not be included.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Another good episode. I'll never understand why RV canceled it in the first place. I love the behind the scenes look we get every week. I just wish they would have included footage of the argument between the coaches. I was really hoping to see and hear some of what they said to each other. Guess the athletic department requested that not be included.

My guess - RV saw the quality of the product and knew it would make what his department was putting out looks bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

First I've heard this.  Is that what happened?

I don't think RV just refused to do it.  Ashton kinda mentioned that he didn't really push for it partly because he knew it was going to be a difficult season.  It would have been really interesting to see video about the Portland State game.  

• Upvote 1

Another excellent episode. Love the first part about the search and hiring of Baker. Smatresk has some great comments on the criteria and Trip Kuehne really drives those home with some powerful insights. Littrell and Baker are going to be an excellent and successful duo around here!

Agree with the comments on the coaching staff. Love the passion and enthusiasm, and the constant coaching / adjustments, especially in an adverse environment like the Swamp. 

Great job by Ashton and his production team! Can't wait for next week's episode to highlight the first road win and first conference win of the Littrell era!

• Upvote 2

I agree with the thoughts expressed already...the show has done a great job highlighting the many positive sides of this staff and this program in a way that make the future look exciting - no matter the current on field results.  

I especially enjoyed the access given to recruiting phone calls.  I think we all turned up the volume a bit searching for hints of who they may be talking too or about.  Really loved the group huddled in what I assume is Harrell's office planning a pitch for some kid's mom.  I don't have any idea the target being discussed but I definitely hope we land him.

Many thanks to those who put in many hours to make this thing happen each week!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, jdennis82 said:

I agree with the thoughts expressed already...the show has done a great job highlighting the many positive sides of this staff and this program in a way that make the future look exciting - no matter the current on field results.  

I especially enjoyed the access given to recruiting phone calls.  I think we all turned up the volume a bit searching for hints of who they may be talking too or about.  Really loved the group huddled in what I assume is Harrell's office planning a pitch for some kid's mom.  I don't have any idea the target being discussed but I definitely hope we land him.

Many thanks to those who put in many hours to make this thing happen each week!

I finally got to watch this on Youtube.  I love the part with the recruiting phone calls.  I love it when Ashton shows us this kind of inside peak into the program.  Also, there's absolutely no doubt who the head coach is.  Seth knows how to lead a team. 

• Upvote 2