Season Ticket Change

New for this year, you get to renew your season tickets but they WON'T guarantee where you'll be sitting.

They're removing the bleachers from the middle three lower sections of the home side and replacing them with seat-backed chairs...and you'll get to pick your spot based on MGSF priority points

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

New for this year, you get to renew your season tickets but they WON'T guarantee where you'll be sitting.

They're removing the bleachers from the middle three lower sections of the home side and replacing them with seat-backed chairs...and you'll get to pick your spot based on MGSF priority points

Only for that section?

I was told they were putting backs on the bleachers, not single chairs. Changes with who you talk to I guess. 

GMG!

1 hour ago, NTEdgex2 said:

I was told they were putting backs on the bleachers, not single chairs. Changes with who you talk to I guess. 

GMG!

I think it’s single chairs because the reasoning behind not guaranteeing seat locations is that they don’t yet know how many seats will be on a row.   Seat backs on existing bleachers wouldn’t change the number of seats

• Upvote 2

I find it hard to believe that they’d make a decision about changing seats without knowing exactly how many seats they’re losing. Those are the three most packed sections in the stadium and you’re going to make a big time revenue changing decision and not know exactly how it impacts your revenue???  C’mon man!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/8/2024 at 5:30 AM, Moobs said:

I find it hard to believe that they’d make a decision about changing seats without knowing exactly how many seats they’re losing. Those are the three most packed sections in the stadium and you’re going to make a big time revenue changing decision and not know exactly how it impacts your revenue???  C’mon man!

seems par for the course unfortunately

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Honestly, I am having a difficult time pulling the trigger on renewing my football season tickets when there is complete roster turnover, very little information coming from the department and coaches obviously telling our kids to "test the waters".

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1

I'm sure they know how many seats are supposed to be installed, but with construction/renovation you just never know until it's done. Since they're re-seating the area, it makes sense to me to wait until they're installed and you can see and touch them to make sure. Could you imagine if they ran into something unexpected and a row is short a seat yet they already assigned seats for that row?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I'm sure they know how many seats are supposed to be installed, but with construction/renovation you just never know until it's done. Since they're re-seating the area, it makes sense to me to wait until they're installed and you can see and touch them to make sure. Could you imagine if they ran into something unexpected and a row is short a seat yet they already assigned seats for that row?

Pretty sure there is this thing called “a computer” that would allow them to make models to properly calculate the seats per row. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

6 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

We can build mirrors in outer space that can point a ray of light at a dime located on the Empire State Building.

We can calculate the path of a total solar eclipse, referencing the path of two objects that are 240,000 miles away and 99 million miles away respectively, and pinpoint that exact time in 2044 - 20 years out - to the month and day.

But here is someone that questions our ability to accurate count seats in a football stadium.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, greenminer said:

But here is someone that questions our ability to accurate count seats in a football stadium.

Not questioning our ability to count seats. I’ve just been around enough construction projects in my career to realize sometimes things just get messed up. I remember there being some club seats they said were on the drawings that ended up just not being there when DATCU opened despite being on all the drawings. There’s a reason home inspectors find things missing or installed incorrectly in new home builds.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

44 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Not questioning our ability to count seats. I’ve just been around enough construction projects in my career to realize sometimes things just get messed up. I remember there being some club seats they said were on the drawings that ended up just not being there when DATCU opened despite being on all the drawings. There’s a reason home inspectors find things missing or installed incorrectly in new home builds.

Yeah, I was just having some fun.

Obviously things happen, but it's usually due to some miscommunication or disconnect between parties involved.  Not that we cannot accurately count/estimate this sort of thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I think it has more to do with they don't know how many people are going to renew their tickets before the deadline. Once they know that then they can start to slot everyone based on MGSF points. 

My only complaint is that I couldn't renew my season ticket online because they were trying to charge me an extra $240. I had an extra seat charged to me for $190 and they raised my MGSF contribution by $50. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

I think what is slowing down the seating is they have to see how many  season ticket they will have to work with.   Then they have deal with the number seats held by season ticket holder and they have to slot into rows to make it work. I have two seats but the guy next to me has one and other  guy other size has four.  I think they know the number of seats but have to figure out how the season ticket holders will fit in the rows.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1