So we really can't criticize the head coach, eh?

TripleGrad

I understand people are not happy with the way things are going. However, we are 3 games into the season. We are still paying Seth's buy out. We can't fund our athletic center expansion. In what fantasy world do you think we could actually afford to fire and pay the buyout for Coach Morris? If you actually think this, please write a check to the athletic department to start the fund.

If that doesn't suit you, feel free to start your own fan board to complain on. 

Some people will be miserable even when we are winning. Go take a walk, or have a nice slice of pizza.

Just my thoughts.

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

But they allow the smut’s to post anytime and anything. Last time I looked they had their own fan forum and this one is still called go mean green. 

If you’re going to censor then censor those antagonists from smut not our own fans. 

C’mon 

I don’t understand the negative reaction to this comment.  SMU doesn’t respect us and probably will announce discontinuing our series after 2025 soon.  They absolutely don’t have the belief “that a rising tide lifts all boats” when it comes to our rivalry.  

• Upvote 2

It's really just disappointing to see. I am a firm believer of free speech obviously there are times where that's just unacceptable on the board (threats, personal insults,etc). To delete or nullify someone's opinion to further your own personal motivation/business just seems wrong or tyrannical (smu grad type move), even if this is a private owned site it feels like a slap in the face to people that have been here awhile. Keeping those threads up would not hurt the forum. But taking them down is a clear indication of getting further in the AD's pocket. The Athletic Department knows this is the biggest congregation of fans on the Internet. They are trying to sway public perception of the program for incoming students, coaches, recruits. It makes perfect sense and should be tried by the department to do. Maybe next time make some bs threads to push it off the front page just be discreet about it because it's leading to anger and confusion. 

Or better yet.

Man Toronto GIF by Bernardson

With all that said I love it here always have. GMG

Please do better mods.

Ps. That shirt is an amazing idea but wow is the design wack.

• Upvote 8
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 3

55 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

On the contrary, Eric Morris himself said as such. He said it's a roster that's ready to go and compete and win right now. 

Why would anyone believe it when a new coach says that after his predecessor just got fired?

Eric Morris wasn't going to come in last December and say "man are we going to suck next season. I can see why Seth got fired. This team stinks!"

• Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

32 minutes ago, rcade said:

Why would anyone believe it when a new coach says that after his predecessor just got fired?

Eric Morris wasn't going to come in last December and say "man are we going to suck next season. I can see why Seth got fired. This team stinks!"

That's basically what Sanders did... and he followed through.

But there is a middle ground between great and terrible you know...

"the guys we have are enthusiastic and ready to go, we just need to fill in some gaps and get to know each other and eventually make this a monster..."

Instead of just "we gonna suck"

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

17 minutes ago, Udomann said:

That's basically what Sanders did... and he followed through.

True, but few coaches could do what he did and totally burn a place down, knowing they could build it up completely again with coaching star power, recruiting, big-time NIL spending, and two of his own extremely talented sons.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

On the contrary, Eric Morris himself said as such. He said it's a roster that's ready to go and compete and win right now. And if his words aren't compelling enough for you, his actions (or lack thereof) in the portal should solidify that he meant it. 

That was pure coach speak. Most coaches not named Deion aren’t going to publicly trash talk their players.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, keith said:

Since there are a lot or moderators, perhaps a useful feature would be to indicate which moderator deleted/removed/hid a thread or for the moderator to message the the thread OP or the person with the post that caused the thread to be removed with the reason.  That way people don't have to bother Harry all the time.  

shut up!  we do not need any common sense on this board.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

But they allow the smut’s to post anytime and anything. Last time I looked they had their own fan forum and this one is still called go mean green. 

If you’re going to censor then censor those antagonists from smut not our own fans. 

C’mon 

Maybe the Mods could comment on their seeming infatuation with all things SMU.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Then @Harry or whomever else is responsible needs to come out and define what the purpose of this board is. Is it to freely discuss UNT and its athletics? Or is it a promotion for the university? 

I thought it was the former and we were allowed to discuss whatever subject we wanted as long as it was inside the rules of the forum. 

You should care, our voices here should be our own. Otherwise what's the point of even discussing? 

Honestly, changing the title of a thread, or even deleting one, does not make me confused about the purpose of the board.  We've had mountains of anti-coach talk here.  One deleted thread seems to be the exception, and not the rule.

IMO, it means we can freely discuss UNT and its athletics.  But I can still keep in mind they want to be sensitive to their inside sources and contacts.  So they will take the anti-Morris postings on a case-by-case basis.  I can roll with that.

But, reach out.  If you need some clarification, it doesn't hurt to ask.

If the day ever comes where I feel like I cannot say what I want to say, I'll leave.  I am a part of a small handful of other pro-Mean Green internet groups/communities.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Honestly, changing the title of a thread, or even deleting one, does not make me confused about the purpose of the board.  We've had mountains of anti-coach talk here.  One deleted thread seems to be the exception, and not the rule.

IMO, it means we can freely discuss UNT and its athletics.  But I can still keep in mind they want to be sensitive to their inside sources and contacts.  So they will take the anti-Morris postings on a case-by-case basis.  I can roll with that.

But, reach out.  If you need some clarification, it doesn't hurt to ask.

If the day ever comes where I feel like I cannot say what I want to say, I'll leave.  I am a part of a small handful of other pro-Mean Green internet groups/communities.

My thoughts as well.

• Upvote 1