CUSA

mgfan

serious question, why do we care if other cusa teams win ooc games?  not gonna help our school make a bigger bowl, not gonna make our school look better.  north texas controls north texas' future...i laugh when other cusa schools lose...don't get the whole cusa wins make north texas look better...north texas wins make north texas look better

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

serious question, why do we care if other cusa teams win ooc games?  not gonna help our school make a bigger bowl, not gonna make our school look better.  north texas controls north texas' future...i laugh when other cusa schools lose...don't get the whole cusa wins make north texas look better...north texas wins make north texas look better

Ya I think in basketball it matters but in football just win.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, THOR said:

How are you ever going to crack the top 25 when every team you play loses ooc games? Perception is reality. PPl aren't impressed with CUSA and it is bad when we lose to Sunbelt teams. There is a ladder in football and we need to be moving up. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

UCF went undefeated in the AAC and they didn't even sniff the playoffs.

Ncaa actually has them as national champions in the record books. 

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/26/ncaa-rule-book-recognizes-ucfs-national-championship/

Also, I believe TCU weren't stagnate in their conference placement. We need to be moving up asap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, mgfan said:

Ncaa actually has them as national champions in the record books. 

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/26/ncaa-rule-book-recognizes-ucfs-national-championship/

Also, I believe TCU weren't stagnate in their conference placement. We need to be moving up asap. 

Well rice is playing a MWC team now..... tomorrow? Idk sometime. I'll pass on MWC time zone. Unless SMU drops football we won't be in AAC.

JUST WIN BABY

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

Because when you win a division and/or conference champioship that is weak (like CUSA currently is) you are not taken seriously.

what does that mean...taken seriously?  is north texas going to somehow be granted millions because they are taken seriously?  gonna get a new conference?  what do you mean "taken seriously"?  

with your train of thought, what's the point of winning cusa this year???  it's weak...so who cares..

14 minutes ago, mgfan said:

How are you ever going to crack the top 25 when every team you play loses ooc games? Perception is reality. PPl aren't impressed with CUSA and it is bad when we lose to Sunbelt teams. There is a ladder in football and we need to be moving up. 

so the common folk really know the difference in cusa/sun belt/mac conferences?  who cares...take care of north texas and north texas will be fine

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, THOR said:

what does that mean...taken seriously?  is north texas going to somehow be granted millions because they are taken seriously?  gonna get a new conference?  what do you mean "taken seriously"?  

so the common folk really know the difference in cusa/sun belt/mac conferences?  who cares...take care of north texas and north texas will be fine

The ppl who rank the teams know the difference and that does matter. With our team right now would you rather be playing Houston who just beat a PAC 12 team or CUSA teams that lost to multiple Sunbelts teams. When was the last time CUSA had someone in the top 25? I agree with winning, but we need to capitalizing on winning. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mgfan said:

The ppl who rank the teams know the difference and that does matter. With our team right now would you rather be playing Houston who just beat a PAC 12 team or CUSA teams that lost to multiple Sunbelts teams. When was the last time CUSA had someone in the top 25? I agree with winning, but we need to capitalizing on winning. 

Lol well how bout we win cusa before we say we are too good for it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, mgfan said:

i'd rather be playing cusa teams and win the conference instead of a random ooc game

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

Lol well how bout we win cusa before we say we are too good for it. 

We are too good for CUSA. UAB just lost Coastal Carolina. We have been to stagnate in re-positioning ourselves. Thank God someone had the common sense to move us out of the FCS. In college football you are either moving up or down. That includes facilities, recruits and perception. There is a reason the AAC pushes the Power 6 slogan (whether you like it or not). They get it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 10

10 minutes ago, THOR said:

i'd rather be playing cusa teams and win the conference instead of a random ooc game

Then don't expect better bowls, better perception or cracking the top 25. Then don't expect better bowls, better perception or cracking the top 25. That thinking is why we have trouble moving up in the world...... CUSA is "GOOD ENOUGH". Imagine if we did both. The conference you are in beats..... SUNBELT opponents....... and we win the championship? Crazy, I know. 

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, THOR said:

see questions about our Sunbelt wins during the early 2000's for an example as to why it matters.

45 minutes ago, THOR said:

The better the teams you beat, the better the perception of your program.   Petty simple logic being this is very seriously considered for post-season play.   

For example, CUSA had big wins over Southern, UT Martin, and Incarnate Word tonight.  Few care about those games because none of those teams are considered good.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

see questions about our Sunbelt wins during the early 2000's for an example as to why it matters.

Exactly. OOC games do matter. If you think they don't  ppl are kidding themselves. To move up in rankings and to crack the top 25 you have to beat good teams..... most of our games our conference games. Hence why you want your conference to do well in ooc games...... what a concept. 

• Upvote 1

UAB still scary?

These people that rank teams also ranked FAU, UAB and Marshall pretty high. 

Let's take care of our schedule, focus on Arkansas and stop worrying about what happens down the line. UTSA thought they would be undefeated last year and cropped the bed. We made fun of them to no end. Let's take care of business a week at a time and see where we stand in December before projecting some team's weakness will ruin our chance at a random bowl. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

All this pissing and moaning about the conference is dumb at this point. We're stuck until probably 2023. Even then we might not like the way things are shaken up. All you can do is win and make a case for why North Texas football should be elevated.

Edited by meangreenlax
extra word
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 2