UNT has record crowd for 2018 SMU win

DeepGreen

24 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I think what contributes to this perception is the Tail Fin Endzone looking 2/3 full. The entirety of the bowl and Club seats were at 95% through the whole first half. There were 1500-2500 people milling about on the concourse at any given time, however. If everyone physically in the building were in seats, the 29.5k would absolutely be agreed upon.

No

It was absolutely packed on the Alumni/Home side.  Great atmosphere! Well done to Wren Baker and all of the AD staff!

They were right about having a large walk up crowd and I was wrong about filling up all of those available seats. 

Winning and great marketing came together last night.  A corner has been turned.  

The key to all of this: Keep winning.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Had to watch it on tv. Pissed that I missed it.  Crowd looked great.  From what I hear the beer lines were long and we didn’t sell beer for Houston.

talked to several friends who went who have been borderline fans over the years.  They said the tailgating was awesome, game atmosphere (and outcome) was fantastic, and one said it was by far his best UNT experience ever.  

I think folks will come back for more.  But will they come back for Incarnate Word?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Was at both Houston and SMU. Thought this game had more. 

My thought as well.

I was on the sidelines for the UH game, so I don't know how many people were in the club section then, but I do know that it has become part of the culture NOW for a ton of club members to never used their seat, they just stay inside all game.

Confuses me, but it's their money/choice.

44 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think folks will come back for more.  But will they come back for Incarnate Word? 

The goal for ICW is not a sellout. But if you can get 23-25k instead of the usual 17-20 k vs an FCS, thats a win and a substantial move in the right direction, particularly in times when most football programs are leaking attendance.

Edited by outoftown

5 minutes ago, GBarksdale said:

I watched on Stadium.  Even more impressive than the crowd shots was the decibel level of the crowd.  Sounded like a Notre Dame game

In-laws were shocked to hear how little the stadium holds. Said it sounded like autzen (Oregon). That’s high praise from a Bruin family. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, GBarksdale said:

I watched on Stadium.  Even more impressive than the crowd shots was the decibel level of the crowd.  Sounded like a Notre Dame game

I thought the ref mic wasn't working again.  Then I re-watched the game online, and realized that I couldn't hear him because the crowd was so damn loud.  Greatness! 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

My thought as well.

I was on the sidelines for the UH game, so I don't know how many people were in the club section then, but I do know that it has become part of the culture NOW for a ton of club members to never used their seat, they just stay inside all game.

Confuses me, but it's their money/choice.

There was a point at some time during the game when my buddy and I looked across the club seating, and it was nearly completely full.  

The culture up there that has beaten me into submission is that you get the evil eye if you cheer above 10 decibels. 

I enjoyed the espresso machine and the brewed iced tea up there.  Nice additional little touches. Not sure, but I think they brought the concession prices down a bit too. 

11 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Not sure anyone is poo-pooing but the actual attendance was not  that  big clearly, there were way more people many more people at the Houston game opener. 

No way. I don't know how many were there last night but I was at both games and have pictures from both and there were more there last night. The wing was substantially more filled in this time. And we had people standing everywhere. The wing looks cool doesn't work in practicality. People refuse to go up there high and sit. I walked up there one time. I can't say I blame them. It's a long straight up walk that isn't worth doing if you plan to ever go for concessions or the restroom. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1