Gofundme banner account

UNT90

Yea...I think folks have a pretty darn good idea who it is.  Just interesting that he chose to hide behind an alias.  If one has to hide to do something, it seems to me one might reconsider what they are doing.  Be proud of your actions...and proud enough to be public with it...or don't do it.  At least you understand that and walk the walk.  I abhor this action, but respect that you are man enough to be public with what you are doing.

Well we are the, "Minority" so why does it matter to RV what our real names are anyways?

• Upvote 5

I just made a second $25 donation under my name in your honor, KRAM1.

Since you value non-anonymity, what's your name?

You don't know my name?  I have used it here often and others have used it often as well....where have you been?  I am more than open about it...Mark (Kram is simply Mark spelled backwards) Miller.  Yours?  Since, of course, you have decided to come out of the shadows and man up a bit.  Congrats on having the gonads to go public even if it was after a "discussion" about hiding and all.  I can respect that you finally decided it was worthy of sunlight.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11

Well we are the, "Minority" so why does it matter to RV what our real names are anyways?

Who said it mattered to RV?  It should matter the most to you.  Stand up openly for what you believe in or don't stand at all.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Who said it mattered to RV?  It should matter the most to you.  Stand up openly for what you believe in or don't stand at all.  

Look, I get what you are saying. But it is honestly skewing the point and it could have never gotten to this point. Rick created the shots-fired fiasco when he claimed that a select minority wanted him to step down as AD. He is DELUSIONAL if he actually meant that!

Oh, and for the record RV (if he somehow is reading this board)... My name is Joshua Alexander, and I am pro firing you. I am not a donor, but I would be highly interested in donating to the university as soon as you are gone. This shouldn't come to much of a surprise, since you probably read my letter that I sent to the president... Calling for you to leave.... 

• Upvote 4

Not a judgement or criticizing those involved with this, I've made my opinion public that I wanted a change in both the football program and athletic department.

I've always gotten a giggle when this went on at other schools, especially UT. It's a little sweet to see the high and mighty in disarray. Not so funny when it happens at your school. 

Carry on. 

Not so funny when it's YOUR mama

• Upvote 1

Under your logic, everyone on GoMeanGreen who calls for a coach or AD to be fired should be using their real names.

But not everybody has the luxury of doing that, given their employment and other considerations. If people want to use a pseudonym or stay anonymous I don't see any problem with that. Football coaches and athletic directors in FBS make sweet salaries. They should be able to handle tough criticism of their job performance and even calls for firing. That comes with the job.

• Upvote 7

You don't know my name?  I have used it here often and others have used it often as well....where have you been?  I am more than open about it...Mark (Kram is simply Mark spelled backwards) Miller.  Yours?  Since, of course, you have decided to come out of the shadows and man up a bit.  Congrats on having the gonads to go public even if it was after a "discussion" about hiding and all.  I can respect that you finally decided it was worthy of sunlight.

Somehow I never got that until now.  I'm bad with letters.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Have our been to any of the tailgates in Denton? In 5 or 10 years guys will be claiming the airplane strafed the press box at their command. 

And on his second pass he rolled a barrel bomb out of the side door!

You guys will never guess what my name is. 

Elwood Blues?

• Upvote 1

I understand that you guys are pissed off, and you certainly have the right to fly whatever banner you wish. However, just because you can does not mean you should. First of all. it may make you feel better, but it won't get R.V. fired. Second, and most importantly, how is this going to look to a prospective new head coach? I just think that a public display such as this may make you look like a bunch of loose cannons instead of the avid supporters that I know you to be. In my opinion ,a much more professional approach would be to draft a letter to our president explaining who you are, why you want change, and request a sit down meeting with him. I would draft it in a professional manner, make it non threatening, and get as many signatures as possible. What I am asking you to consider doing is set your emotions aside,put your business hats on, and approach it as you would if this was a problem in your company. If your request to meet with our new president falls on deaf ears, then you can look yourselves in the mirror knowing that you tried a reasonable approach and proceed with whatever plan of action you feel warranted. My career of 35 years was in health care sales and distribution related to orthopedic hip and knee replacement. My take away message was that you can always operate, so try all other remedies first. Hopefully you will consider doing the same regarding the issue at hand. Thanks,Ward B. White, Class of 66'.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I understand that you guys are pissed off, and you certainly have the right to fly whatever banner you wish. However, just because you can does not mean you should. First of all. it may make you feel better, but it won't get R.V. fired. Second, and most importantly, how is this going to look to a prospective new head coach? I just think that a public display such as this may make you look like a bunch of loose cannons instead of the avid supporters that I know you to be. In my opinion ,a much more professional approach would be to draft a letter to our president explaining who you are, why you want change, and request a sit down meeting with him. I would draft it in a professional manner, make it non threatening, and get as many signatures as possible. What I am asking you to consider doing is set your emotions aside,put your business hats on, and approach it as you would if this was a problem in your company. If your request to meet with our new president falls on deaf ears, then you can look yourselves in the mirror knowing that you tried a reasonable approach and proceed with whatever plan of action you feel warranted. My career of 35 years was in health care sales and distribution related to orthopedic hip and knee replacement. My take away message was that you can always operate, so try all other remedies first. Hopefully you will consider doing the same regarding the issue at hand. Thanks,Ward B. White, Class of 66'.

I got news for you in the fraternity world of D1 Football coaches RV is despised, it would make a coach feel better that there is some hope at North Texas that he may be gone. RV is a complete liability.  RV simply being present will make it harder on us. 

More importantly, how is it going to look with RV making another hire for our beloved University? Or that EVERY coach since 1980 has been fired at UNT? And RV is adding to that history that will inevitably be football hire number 4 that will be fired on his watch. Why accept that? And maybe even more importantly than anything, why defend it? 

Benjamin Gooding, Class of 14'. 

Agree with Wardly on this. Your free speech rights are safe with me...I am just commenting on the potential effectiveness of the tactic.

In your letter, you might mention that you had committed $xxx to the purchase of the Fire RV banner, money you will hold for a contribution to the athletic department upon, and not before, Mr Villarreal's dismissal.

(and if you must make public your disdain for, and demand for action against, Mr. Villarreal, I like the FIRE RV t-shirt form of protest much better....better chance your butt will be in the seat.)

GMG

Agree with Wardly on this. Your free speech rights are safe with me...I am just commenting on the potential effectiveness of the tactic.

In your letter, you might mention that you had committed $xxx to the purchase of the Fire RV banner, money you will hold for a contribution to the athletic department upon, and not before, Mr Villarreal's dismissal.

(and if you must make public your disdain for, and demand for action against, Mr. Villarreal, I like the FIRE RV t-shirt form of protest much better....better chance your butt will be in the seat.)

GMG

• Upvote 3

I'm mad and want RV to step aside too, but I still have reservations about publicly shaming him.

I understand why this banner will fly. Many on here have already sent letters to Smatresk, and apparently some or even all were forwarded to the athletic department. I don't think anyone has read or seen a serious response from Smatresk. Now we hear about the head coach search committee, but we have no clue who is serving on it. It appears Smatresk may be part of the problem too.

I'm positive UNT90 will hit his mark and the banner will fly. Personally, I think the powers that be at UNT could have avoided this banner problem if they were not so dismissive of the anger, and actually engaged our fan base, not just the wealthiest doners.

I said it before, and I'll say it again... we need the students on our side. Those on here that are on campus everyday need to be discussing this with the other students that attend games. The students need to understand that they should be seeing better results for the funds they invest in North Texas athletics. When the banner flies, the student section should not be surprised.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 6