Gofundme banner account

UNT90

Well, here's an idea. How about having a gofundme account that is for the express purpose of being an alternative to the Mean Green Club account. Keep up with who and how much each person has contributed, and then notify the President on a weekly basis that discouraged/disillusioned alumni/fans are putting their money in the gofundme account until such time as RV is no longer the AD. And then the funds will be transferred to the MGC account. 

We already know that somewhere around $2K can be raised in a short amount of time. It would be interesting to see how much more could be raised for something that actually could benefit the department......and our student athletes. And show what the "minority fans' can do.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Well, here's an idea. How about having a gofundme account that is for the express purpose of being an alternative to the Mean Green Club account. Keep up with who and how much each person has contributed, and then notify the President on a weekly basis that discouraged/disillusioned alumni/fans are putting their money in the gofundme account until such time as RV is no longer the AD. And then the funds will be transferred to the MGC account. 

We already know that somewhere around $2K can be raised in a short amount of time. It would be interesting to see how much more could be raised for something that actually could benefit the department......and our student athletes. And show what the "minority fans' can do.

I'm in. Set it up. First step to a successful insurgency is to show decision makers that a viable alternative exists that could overtake the establishment. As support grows, one of two things happen- 1) our demands will be met or 2) as we accumulate enough cash, we can, as a collective, conduct a corporate raid style acquisition of control and vote with our dollars (we have all this money, Mr. President- if you want it, you have to do this. Once our endstate is met, we can then conduct the reconciliation process and reintegrate with the rest of legitimate MGC society. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If someone wants to set up that account, by all means have at it. I'll probably even contribute. 

But that can be done in addition. Any and all pressure is needed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There is $100 extra in the account that will be allocated to the same banner for the UTSA game. If RV is fired before that game, the amount inside the account from $2000 forward will be donated to the athletic department. The person who had already donated the extra $100 will have the option of donating to the AD or having the $100 returned. 

This is the best idea I have read on this board. 

• Upvote 2

I like this idea too.

I see I'm too late to the discussion but do also feel this isn't the best idea. While I'm like others who have stated this and agree that a change at AD needs to be made, you've no idea the unintended consequences publicly shaming someone could have.

One thought that did pop up in while reading this thread was, why isn't @Brett Vito asking the president for a comment on RV's status. It is strange that there hasn't been one. Clearly letters to that office is not eliciting a response, but if the media were to ask the President for a comment on the status of the AD that would get interesting. No Comment wouldn't be a good sign. But a comment of RV is the right man for the job and we stand behind him, would certainly make it more apparent that a protest is necessary.

• Upvote 2

I see I'm too late to the discussion but do also feel this isn't the best idea. While I'm like others who have stated this and agree that a change at AD needs to be made, you've no idea the unintended consequences publicly shaming someone could have.

One thought that did pop up in while reading this thread was, why isn't @Brett Vito asking the president for a comment on RV's status. It is strange that there hasn't been one. Clearly letters to that office is not eliciting a response, but if the media were to ask the President for a comment on the status of the AD that would get interesting. No Comment wouldn't be a good sign. But a comment of RV is the right man for the job and we stand behind him, would certainly make it more apparent that a protest is necessary.

I'm not interested in his feelings. He made his thoughts emphatically clear in the article that the minority in his mind doesn't have a voice. Obviously we need a bullhorn right next to his and the establishments ear for him to hear our voice. Sometimes it's perfectly acceptable to use a cannon to kill a mosquito. 

• Upvote 4

For me, this is kind of my last way of giving into something that might affect the needed change in the athletic department. If it doesn't change anything, well, that's ok...because it informed the rest of us to never step foot in a venue that hosts UNT or give one single penny to the operation anymore.

For the umpteenth time, this is probably the one time where the university will actually tell you just serious they are about creating a winner in revenue sports. You cannot tell anyone, BMD, small donor, student, or alum, that you want to win by keeping a guy who has overseen a .361 winning percentage in his time in Denton for the three revenue sports. He has hired, IMO, three of the worst coaches in the university's history in Shanice Stephens, Todd Dodge, and Tony Benford--who make the tenures of Mike Petersen and Dan McCarney look solid by comparison.

To even drill down further, his last three hires for football, mens basketball, and womens basketball have each gone 22-33 (Mac), 42-53 (Benford, following the best run maybe ever at the school, with the most talented roster we've probably ever had, and the most dumbed-down OOC schedule at home a coach can get in the last two years), and 28-61 (Mike Petersen). Basically, in his entire tenure here, he has one great hire in Johnny Jones--who, by the way, is the first winning coach to get hired away to a Power school directly from UNT since Jerry Moore got hired away to Tech in 1981...

To keep him as your AD is to tell the 2% of the UNT Family that care about revenue sports here that you are really an imbecile, that you should have been smart enough to follow what the other 98% have done and ignore or walk away. Either way, we don't care...our enrollment will always be high, most likely increasing in years to come because of our location, so we will get paid no matter what...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Put me on the record as saying I don't think RV deserves this.  Maybe I am just an ole softy but I think these matters could be handled professionally and with class.

The means of which you speak of has been tried by countless people and now those means are exhausted. After going this route, we were told we were otherwise irrelevant and a minority. Another approach has to be tried. Then another approach. And another. 

• Upvote 5

The means of which you speak of has been tried by countless people and now those means are exhausted. After going this route, we were told we were otherwise irrelevant and a minority. Another approach has to be tried. Then another approach. And another. 

And each approach escalated a notch, until someone at the highest level gets the message and responds. The "nuclear option", which even the most irate are loathe to consider, is a coordinated mass exodus.

Edited by EagleMBA

What's next, streaking?  Please give plenty of advance notice if so, so that I may avert my sensitive eyes.

Even THAT might not be successful. I can see the newspaper headline now:

MASS STREAK PETERS OUT!

• Upvote 2