Gofundme banner account

UNT90

Correct. And you are new, so let me apologize for Ben Gooding. Like all of us, I'm sure he is well intentioned, just a little immature in his expression. 

So you think RV has no accountability for any coach he hires? Interesting.

Let me remind you that was the worst loss in the history of college football.

Ever. 

And you are saying the athletic director with a history of bad to terrible hires bares no responsibility? 

I'll bet he is held accountable for his hires and a lot of other things as well, such as (but certainly not limited to) whether or not student athletes are passing their classes, whether all the programs are following the rules, etc.

You want to put more weight on RV's bad hires.  The problem is that the President (and the Board of Regents?) may or may not be putting the same weight on RV's poor hires, and he is the one that matters on RV's employment status.  The President is likely looking at a much broader picture (and rightfully so) as to whether RV has been doing a good job or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'll bet he is held accountable for his hires and a lot of other things as well, such as (but certainly not limited to) whether or not student athletes are passing their classes, whether all the programs are following the rules, etc.

You want to put more weight on RV's bad hires.  The problem is that the President (and the Board of Regents?) may or may not be putting the same weight on RV's poor hires, and he is the one that matters on RV's employment status.  The President is likely looking at a much broader picture (and rightfully so) as to whether RV has been doing a good job or not.

Athletes passing their classes is better than the alternative, but nobody pays a football coach $700,000 a year and the AD another $300,000 so they can show the world a good graduation rate. That kind of money is spent so that football can market the university and connect it more strongly to students and alumni.

If we don't care about winning, we don't need to spend the money required to compete at our level of FBS football.

McCarney's graduation rate didn't save his job with the AD. He had to win. Hold RV to the same standard.

• Upvote 4

Just a reminder that the weather forecast calls for rain on Saturday.

My thought is that if the banner can't fly Saturday due to weather, it will fly in the final home game against UTEP. 

For those who contributed, please PM me and let me know if this is adequate use of your money. I'm also obviously open to contributors' alternative ideas. 

• Upvote 3

My thought is that if the banner can't fly Saturday due to weather, it will fly in the final home game against UTEP. 

For those who contributed, please PM me and let me know if this is adequate use of your money. I'm also obviously open to contributors' alternative ideas. 

Perhaps we can make jack-o-lanterns, leave them on RV's doorstep with a knife lodged in it with a note that says "you!" on it and leave a new one every day until we run out of funds. 

That tends to make me feel better when someone makes me mad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps we can make jack-o-lanterns, leave them on RV's doorstep with a knife lodged in it with a note that says "you!" on it and leave a new one every day until we run out of funds. 

That tends to make me feel better when someone makes me mad. 

There are a few choice things I would leave on RV's doorstep, and none of them involve pumpkins

• Upvote 3

There are a few choice things I would leave on RV's doorstep, and none of them involve pumpkins

Does anyone have a sickly horse that may go on to its reward anytime soon that they would like to donate at that time? I've got an idea.

• Upvote 7

I really don't care, as long as it flies at some point during the season or the money is used for a billboard IVO a known trafficked route along which all members of the 17 travel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Banner is still a go dependent on weather. 

If there is a cloud ceiling of 2000 feet or lower, it won't fly. I think the rain will be outta here by afternoon.,

They did tell me they flew one last Saturday when it was cloudy around these parts, so let's hope it flies. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1