Do we do UTEP dirty like they did us?

Harry

Just now, Harry said:

If we are fortunate enough to win - I wonder if the coaches will take revenge on UTEP for how they treated us last time.  Many felt like they ran up the score in a game they already had won.

Yes, Sorry to UTEP but payback time. and time to get out of this funk this offense is in (and into the zone/ dominating mindset) and for the defense to continue the solid play since ODU.. 

Pound away on UTEP like SMU and FAU.. Also, no idea but if point difference is a possible factor in determining home field in the championship game.. we need help with us at -3 (I believe).  Get up early and then work in some young guys later in the game and rest up for the pound that Army will be dishing out next week as well. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

There is no guarantee NT will even beat UTEP.  NT victories against FB division competition have been by 3, 15, 3, 7 and 1 point.  So there has been no chance of running up the score.  However, it is an interesting question; because Fine was still in the game in a blowout loss.   So I am not sure Littrell won't pad the stats if he gets an opportunity.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 4

11 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Meh, if your defense can’t stop the other team, is it really runnin up the score? They ran for almost 400 yards in the game. They scored only once in the fourth

I’m more worried about just winning the game, they have a 3 game winning streak on us

http://www.winsipedia.com/north-texas/vs/utep

Uh, yeah, can we just focus on playing well (which we didn't do in any of those losses) and winning.  It sucks when you can't stop the run, but it's hard to blame a team that keeps running the ball when that's what they do best.

• Lovely Take 2

UTEP didn't run up the score, UNT was just really bad and uninterested that day. And even if UTEP had run up the score that was a different head coach at UTEP.

Still if UNT could get to the point where we can safely pull the starters and make sure they don't take more banging up than necessary that woudl be good. UNTs got 4 more games after this one.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we need to score fast and often to hopefully jump out to a huge lead to break their will. Once that happens, you pull the starters and rest them. Allow younger guys to get some reps. That will prepare them for the possibility of being thrown in a game due to injury and if they are not seniors, it will give them some experience for next season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

I’m more worried about us sleeping on them again and them beating us by 40.

That’s how inconsistent we’ve been this year.

Just win

Last year's UTEP game = This year's FAU game.
Disinterested team, going through the motions for an entire game. 

There's an old saying in Texas, maybe Tennessee, that says, "fool me once... shame on...  shame on you.  Fool me... we can't get fooled again!"

The "sleep on them" game has already happened this year.   It wont happen again.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Last year's UTEP game = This year's FAU game.
Disinterested team, going through the motions for an entire game. 

There's an old saying in Texas, maybe Tennessee, that says, "fool me once... shame on...  shame on you.  Fool me... we can't get fooled again!"

The "sleep on them" game has already happened this year.   It wont happen again.

Find this very sad because a win at UTEP would have made team bowl eligible  without having to backdoor into a bowl because of GPA. Hope the coaching staff gets the team fired up to clinch CUSA West