DAJON TO START SATURDAY

meangreen15

I like that Mac announced this at the beginning of the week so the team knows who their in the huddle leader will be all week.

Again, we don't know what DW has, but we know it LITERALLY can't be worse than what we have been rolling out there.

I hope the offense is tailored to DW's skill set. I would hate to see DW forced into only being allowed to throw on 3rd and long.

• Upvote 3

Mac's best team was with Seneca Wallace.

There's all this idea that Mac wants a conservative game manager...he wants Seneca, and he has someone who is similar.

It's go time.

This is a pretty common misconception. He went 7-5 and 7-7 with Seneca and Seneca had more picks than TDs for Coach Mac. He actually won 9 games the year before Seneca got there, and Seneca was a little out of place in a Coach Mccarney offense.

He is the one who wants the tall, pocket passers/game managers. That's a big reason why this decision took as long as it did. Although you do have to commend him for making the move that you could tell was not easy, but was for the better of the team.

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit surprised that Mac made the announcement today to the public but I'm really glad he did. However, I'd hold off on the "DW is better than some other team's QB" until he actually plays more than a couple of drives. I'm very hopefully he'll be better than anything we've seen here in a long time but it'll take time.

• Upvote 2

I want DW to go out and play great on Saturday and the rest of the season. I also want Josh Greer to continue to improve to a point where he's challenging DW for the job. Most of us don't wish bad things on JG and would probably love to have two good QBs.

That's a damn good point, especially since every second string quarterback is just one play away from being the starter. I'm not sure there's much point in keeping Dajon out there in the second half, if he's anything like what we expect, and would like to see the backups get some meaningful reps (both Greer and MiniMac, if healthy). Good points have been made about not burning Connor Means' redshirt, but what about Josh Cousins?

• Upvote 2