MGB: Berglund out

Brett Vito

You could see this was going to happen at Southern Miss. When every player that traveled gets in the game EXCEPT Bergland, you knew his fate had been sealed. I just think there is something VERY wrong with this young man. I don't know if it is attitude, smarts, effort, or something else. I hope he gets it figured out soon.... and I hope he gets his degree. Football will be a small part of this man's life in ten years. I really hope he walks away from all of this with his diploma. Good luck BB.

• Upvote 6

You could see this was going to happen at Southern Miss. When every player that traveled gets in the game EXCEPT Bergland, you knew his fate had been sealed. I just think there is something VERY wrong with this young man. I don't know if it is attitude, smarts, effort, or something else. I hope he gets it figured out soon.... and I hope he gets his degree. Football will be a small part of this man's life in ten years. I really hope he walks away from all of this with his diploma. Good luck BB.

A breath of fresh air kind of post, UNT86...

Who would wish ill will on any of our Mean Green football players--present and past?

Good luck BB and thanks for considering North Texas in the first place no matter what the scenario was. Sorry things did not work out.

GMG!

I don't understand the "oh, what might have been" replies. I read this to mean we could have been so much better with Berglund under center, yet none of us saw him play except in the spring game. I saw that game and while his athleticism was impressive, he didn't really impress me as a QB.

I wish BB well and hope he has found a home at Northern Colorado. I also agree with 86, get your degree Brock and best of luck.

• Upvote 1

I wish him well too. I thought this might happen after Mr. Greer was signed. I just thought it might have happened a bit sooner....like two or three days after Mr. Greer signed.

Northern Colorado (Greely Colorado) isn't far from his home.

Whose to say it didn't. Just because we are just now hearing about it doesn't mean that it is not old news to some.

Out of high school, in the same class as Johnny Manziel, Bergland was ranked nationally as either just above or just below Manziel. When he was introduced last year at the signing event at Apogee, I think everyone expected the 2013 team was his to lead.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

I just hope that McNulty is not the starter. That's it. I have to trust in Mac and Chico after this year, sticking with Derek despite all the criticism and him being the star in the bowl game. I feel like they can figure it out. To be fair, Chico has done a decent job with just about every NT QB. He made Dodge look decent during the Lock the Gate run, even.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Berlund got Osborned, hopefully Greer does not suffer same fate

Ridiculous.

Berglund had every leg up to take over the job. He could t get it done. Hell, he couldn't beat out a true freshman. He was 4th team for a reason.

Writing was on the wall after the weird JUCO thing.

Good luck, Brock.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2