Congratulations to FirefightnRick - Retirement after 30-years

Harry

Thanks for your service to FT. Worth as well as your passionate and long time support on North Texas athletics.I first met you at the 1st New Orleans Bowl over 20 years ago. Trust me , at age 81 the next 20 years of your live will fly by[like an eagle?]. Mine, not so much. Take care,Ward White.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Thank y’all for the kind words.  

You know I’ve always felt like one of the most blessed people on earth for being able to share life with three different families.  My family at home, my fire family at work and my Mean Green family.   Emergency workers need their families to de stress and take their thoughts of the shift somewhere else, and this family, my Mean Green family has certainly done that for me.  Whether we are fighting over our opinions on subjects of the moment,  or loving each other in celebrating Mean Green successes…it’s all been a family to me and helped me focus on happier times.  

My last shift yesterday was an overwhelming day of emotion, reflection and joy seeing family and friends and coworkers one last time at the station.  I greatly appreciate hearing from so many of you, and was especially proud seeing @SilverEagle repping the Mean Green at my station, as well as his Mean Green alumn son Jeff, or as he’s known now on the FWFD, Chief Covert.  

I hope to make more games now, hopefully more road games, though my wife’s Honey-Do list has now grown longer than a @PlummMeanGreen
 post on national “Stadium Day”.  So I’ll see how it goes.  

So till the next tailgate,….It’s All Good And All Green.

Rick

For clarification. He is a Battalion Chief (Battalion 1, A-shift). Since there are many of them, that makes him A Chief.....not THE Chief.

So proud of you Rick. You are the perfect model of a true fan. My hope is that more and more people will be inspired to emulate you.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 5:32 PM, rcade said:

Congratulations, @FirefightnRick! You've come a long way since Pauline G. Hughes Middle School basketball.

To the person who gave this a Confused: FirefightnRick and I played on the same middle school basketball team in Burleson in the early 1980s. I'd like to say we dominated the league.

It isn't true but I'd like to say it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3