Join us in welcoming Brandon Berens to GMG.com

Harry

large.Brandon_Berens_Welcome.jpg.e5900b5

Hello GoMeanGreen.com! My name is Brandon Berens and I am a student here at UNT. I'm majoring in Converged Broadcast Media and as part of that I am connected with the UNT television station NTTV. Last semester I was a sports analyst for the show SportsZone, as well as a sports reporter for the news team. My goal is to provide the site a student perspective on Mean Green athletics and student life in general at UNT.  I am an avid mean green fan and look forward to being involved with gomeangreen.com. 

Please note, we will have Brandon joining us for a segment in tonight's podcast to introduce himself and provide some updates from Denton.   We have had a lot of fans of the site and show ask us for the pulse of the students and we are excited to have Brandon's help in that regard.  He is a die hard Mean Green fan, is active on campus and truly bleeds green.  I think you will enjoy his work and passion for UNT.  Please join me in welcoming him to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank ya'll for the welcome, I'm very excited to be here, and to be able to give the student perspective on Mean Green athletics. There is a lot of student support for the team on campus my hope is that I will be able to spotlight those opinions from here. As for the TOMS boxes, my girlfriend buys the shoes, and I get to use the boxes as storage, it's a pretty good trade off.

I think we'd like to hear the entirety of the student perspective... not just rosy stuff.  Don't be afraid to say if there's only a handful of students who are excited about Mean Green Football while the others are planning trips to Ft. Worth to watch the Frogs, sit at home and watch "real football", or just not care at all.

• Upvote 3

As for the TOMS boxes, my girlfriend buys the shoes, and I get to use the boxes as storage, it's a pretty good trade off.

Welcome, Brandon. Please accept the advice of an experienced old man and dump the girlfriend. Those infected with the "Imelda Marcos virus" are incurable and will cut into your Shiner budget in perpetuity.

• Upvote 3