Early reports on DaMarcus Smith

Harry

It's still early and the workouts have been voluntary but one thing is abundantly clear.  Smith has a rocket arm.  Whether or not this will translate to playing time remains to be seen.  Will he step up and be the leader we need?  Will he learn the playbook and more importantly will he pass Chico's dreaded QB exams, which are described as a mixture of quantum physics and football...?  However it plays out, my sources indicate that It will be extremely fun for the fans to watch this guy throw the pill.

It's still early and the workouts have been voluntary but one thing is abundantly clear.  Smith has a rocket arm.  Whether or not this will translate to playing time remains to be seen.  Will he step up and be the leader we need?  Will he learn the playbook and more importantly will he pass Chico's dreaded QB exams, which are described as a mixture of quantum physics and football...?  However it plays out, my sources indicate that It will be extremely fun for the fans to watch this guy throw the pill.

I could have told ya that just watching the kids film, and checking out his offer sheet. :P   Just giving ya a hard time Harry. I really appreciate everything you do for MGN, we are indebted to you.

• Upvote 2

I could have told ya that just watching the kids film, and checking out his offer sheet. :P   Just giving ya a hard time Harry. I really appreciate everything you do for MGN, we are indebted to you.

LOL yeah -- I hear you but the quote I got was "frozen rope"... it's one piece of the puzzle as we know from Dajon there are so many more.  Still I can't wait to see him in competition this year.

(My early.. early.. Xmas list..)

Dear Santa,

All I want for christmas is for Demarcus Smith to start as 1st string QB for the mean green football team. I believe that he gives us the best chance during our 2015 season. That is all I want.

Sincerely,

a UNT fan who wants to see that rocket arm of his, show SMU what the real death penalty is all about!

p.s. Night night pony fans, and those 5 hookers Craig James killed.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Harry, I hope that this is just the beginning of a great two years of a dominating offense on the part of North Texas. But as Dajon Williams and Quinn Shanbour illustrate, you can have a great arm, but being a great QB takes a lot of "intangibles". The first of which is unshakable confidence.....and then you need a coach who can both coach and assess. I've been seriously questioning that second thing for the last two years.

• Upvote 1

Well, uh, yeah. Dude is the real deal. That's why I have been so adamant about AM not starting. Smith has the talent to win us some games against top competition. 

but can he drive a bus, because that is all that matters in the eyes of the ole ball coach, who cares about frozen ropes, juking ability, and improvising on the fly, checking down, .....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Harry, I hope that this is just the beginning of a great two years of a dominating offense on the part of North Texas. But as Dajon Williams and Quinn Shanbour illustrate, you can have a great arm, but being a great starting Mean Green QB takes a lot of "intangibles". The first of which is the unshakable confidence of your head coach.....and that's pretty much it then you need a coach who can both coach and assess. I've been seriously questioning that second thing for the last two years.

Fixed it for ya.

Edited by Cr1028