Sign in to follow this  
Harry

ESPN names Chad Morris, Seth Littrell, Neal Brown among potential Kliff Kingsbury replacements

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pretty sure any of these names sans maybe Morris will have the big money boosters in Lubbock pissing-mad.   
The oil-rich Tech boosters think their team should be a desirable spot for Nick Saban. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Scott Frost should be up high on the list, but then again why move from Disney World to Dust Tornado Central

• Upvote 1

Out of that list, I think they'd tap Morris before the rest, if only because of the level that they're at just above us that I think makes it an easier sell. But my guess is there's more/bigger on their list. I think Kingsbury makes about $3.5m a year right now, with built-in raises, so Tech clearly has the cash to money whip some guys. Riley was their dream coach (and makes similar money at OU), but obviously that went out with the events of this year.

They ARE the one program that scares me a little bit for coach-poaching, because they know and appreciate the staff here. I just don't know if they can sell our guys after two years, despite the relationship to their program. I mean, when we win out and win the C-USA Championship and the Independence Bowl... I might have to change my view, though.

I also agree, though, that the big money boosters there will probably also set their sites ridiculously high.

6 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Out of that list, I think they'd tap Morris before the rest, if only because of the level that they're at just above us that I think makes it an easier sell. But my guess is there's more/bigger on their list. I think Kingsbury makes about $3.5m a year right now, with built-in raises, so Tech clearly has the cash to money whip some guys. Riley was their dream coach (and makes similar money at OU), but obviously that went out with the events of this year.

They ARE the one program that scares me a little bit for coach-poaching, because they know and appreciate the staff here. I just don't know if they can sell our guys after two years, despite the relationship to their program. I mean, when we win out and win the C-USA Championship and the Independence Bowl... I might have to change my view, though.

I also agree, though, that the big money boosters there will probably also set their sites ridiculously high.

Agree,
But they also just got finished driving down Leach-Memory Lane, and I just don't think they're gonna go right back down that road... at least, not right now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Honestly, Seth and co. would be a great fit in Lubbock. This worries me, but makes me happy about the direction we're heading. 

Who's to say we'll keep heading this direction if our staff gets plucked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Really hope we have a Hell of a buy out! Seth and company would be a good fit in Lubbock! GMG

Not sure why people keep saying this. They will fit in Lubbock like every other staff not named Tommy Tuberville, and perform just liek the rest. They aren't there anymore for a reason. Lubbock needs a philosophy change, not more of the same. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not sure why people keep saying this. They will fit in Lubbock like every other staff not named Tommy Tuberville, and perform just liek the rest. They aren't there anymore for a reason. Lubbock needs a philosophy change, not more of the same. 

I believe they fit because of their history and also the demeanor of Seth and Graham! I don’t know if the name is big enough and would Seth want to stay another year knowing what talent he had returning. I hope so!  Morris would be a Tuberville mistake!

• Downvote 1

I just don't see Seth being ready for the "prime time grind".  Another successful year or two at UNT, then yes.

• Like 1

Frost is going to Nebraska (unless Tennessee can jump in and money whip him).... Arkansas is a weird wildcard in all this too. As for Tech, I always pegged them for Dykes or Cumbie considering their track record for loving their own. Morris is gone to the first big that P5 comes calling. Who knows. It's gonna be fun. Zach Barnett's article having fun speculating on all this has been a real hoot. 

I believe Morris is heading out east to the SEC and Frost is as well. Seth will stay another year or two, but we will lose assistants again. Probably Mainord and Yellock if I had to guess. Graham is likely a year away from a big time coordinator gig and 4-5 years from a head coach gig if he can keep showing improvement! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

Scott Frost should be up high on the list, but then again why move from Disney World to Dust Tornado Central

He may get the Florida job. 

14 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

He may get the Florida job. 

Kiffin will go to one of the SEC schools.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Frost is going to Nebraska (unless Tennessee can jump in and money whip him).... Arkansas is a weird wildcard in all this too. As for Tech, I always pegged them for Dykes or Cumbie considering their track record for loving their own. Morris is gone to the first big that P5 comes calling. Who knows. It's gonna be fun. Zach Barnett's article having fun speculating on all this has been a real hoot. 

Frost is going to Florida. All but a done deal. 

Edit: Tennessee is after Mullen at Mississippi State. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 1

Tech will not go after a young guy again. they might as well keep Kliff and give him time.

Brent Venables a possibility with the Kstate connection to Kirby Hocutt.

2 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

Tech will not go after a young guy again. they might as well keep Kliff and give him time.

Brent Venables a possibility with the Kstate connection to Kirby Hocutt.

BPWG

• Upvote 1