5 options that make the most sense to be the Tennessee Vols’ next tight ends coach

Coach Andy Mac

Fortunately for Heupel, there are several viable options.

Seth Littrell — Former North Texas head coach

This seems like the perfect option to me. Littrell was Heupel’s teammate at Oklahoma in the 90s/early 2000s. He has a lot of experience coaching tight ends and he has roots in the Air Raid system — just like Heupel. Vols linebackers coach/special teams coordinator Mike Ekeler was Littrell’s special teams coordinator at North Texas in 2020, so there’s some familiarity there with other Tennessee staff members.

Read more:  https://atozsports.com/nashville/5-options-new-halzle-golesh-tennessee-vols-tight-ends-coach/

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Maybe. They were teammates at OU. I think he stays here here and likely with TCU, but who knows?

You mean he's not already at TCU?! That National Championship game looked as much a Littrell coached postseason game as I have ever seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

Maybe. They were teammates at OU. I think he stays here here and likely with TCU, but who knows?

Yea I’m thinking the same. He probably wants to stay in the area because of his kids. The oldest one has to be in middle school or close to it by now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

You mean he's not already at TCU?! That National Championship game looked as much a Littrell coached postseason game as I have ever seen. 

So he was in against Georgia but not against Michigan? Why do you have so much hate in your heart? Let it go Elsa.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2