Texas at San Antonio fans are moving toward the acceptance phase

Harry

You know, as comical as UTSA's promotions are (and keep making fun of them fo sho), I can't help but be a little bitter about our own situation.

We are practically giving thousands of dollars away to attend the games and we can't get people in.

I know this is a culture thing, but man we need to figure this crap out.  Win Win Win is what I say.  Win often, and for a long time.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

You know, as comical as UTSA's promotions are (and keep making fun of them fo sho), I can't help but be a little bitter about our own situation.

We are practically giving thousands of dollars away to attend the games and we can't get people in.

I know this is a culture thing, but man we need to figure this crap out.  Win Win Win is what I say.  Win often, and for a long time.

Agree.  But also, keep up the promotions as well.   Needs to be a 1-2 combination.   Can't just win often & for a long time, and then wait for people to call (a-la Mandy).

• Upvote 1

Just now, oldguystudent said:

I all fairness, I met Mandy when she was here, but never dealt with her.  I was a grad student who couldn't rub two nickels together and was nowhere near giving any money at all to athletics. 

All true, but she treated all but the UNT 17 types with extreme disdain...and kept her job. 

That RV staff, especially him, was the purest definition of "bare minimum" that I have ever seen at a FBS school.

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

All true, but she treated all but the UNT 17 types with extreme disdain...and kept her job. 

That RV staff, especially him, was the purest definition of "bare minimum" that I have ever seen at a FBS school.

I definitely have a few choice words for some people that came after her, but fuck it, they're gone and I'm still here.  I've no reason to take shit from anybody in the athletic department anymore.  I also have no reason to lick anybody's boots.  I make my donations, buy my tickets, and attend the games.  I don't much care what they think of me anymore.  As far as any interpersonal relations with current AD staff, way I see it, it's on them to call ME, not the other way around.  And if they do call me, it better damn well not be to call me a liar or a dumbass as has happened in the past. 

• Lovely Take 1

19 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

We are not good enough to over look anyone.  Safe to say. 

Just see all the upsets from this past weekend---none bigger than Clemson going down to Syracuse?!  Hope the team sees it that way cause we're REALLY not nearly good enough to even start getting full of ourselves.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rowdy said:

Aside from all the trash talk written above, UNT looks to have a great chance at the CUSA championship this year.  What would you guys say your hardest game the rest of the way is?  Toss up between FAU and LaTech?  I'm still not convinced that LaTech is still good or not.  There won't be any issues with Rice and UTEP.  Rice is bad, just not UTEP bad.  

I think, as a lot of coaches say, running the table is incredibly hard to do. Saban talked about how hard it is when you're winning and expected to win to keep guys motivated and to play to their potential every week. Sometimes, just like regular folk, we have days where we want to just write it in.

I think FAU is our toughest go. I'm not by any means looking past LaTech. If they had either or both of their receivers back from last year (Henderson nightmares), I think we'd be in for some serious trouble, their offense isn't what it was the past few years, that benefits us. Again still a solid conference team. 

FAU may have the most talent with their "ethical clean slate" approach. If they're willing to take whatever good talent regardless of ethical quandaries, it's going to create a talent advantage in most match ups. I think Litrell has created a culture and system that helps overcome some talent deficits and it's a good thing for UNT. If we ever can get a top 3 recruiting class to go with the system, it could be pretty scary for the rest of the conference. 

34 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

DHvbqbe.gif

Why are we talking about UTSA-CC?  We play FAU this week.

Why are we talking about old AD employees?  They are gone, they can't hurt you anymore.

My thoughts exactly. If anything the only reason to bring up old AD team members is to avoid repeating their mistakes.  So unless they want to make sweater vest mandatory on Fridays for AD employees  I think it a piontless discussion.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I think Litrell has created a culture and system that helps overcome some talent deficits and it's a good thing for UNT. If we ever can get a top 3 recruiting class to go with the system, it could be pretty scary for the rest of the conference. 

Rather have an on-going system than a one hit wonder.  

Again, back in the 70's we used to play the UT Longhorns very competitively & you know none of our recruiting classes would have compared with Darrell Royals annual hauls.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

4 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Just see all the upsets from this past weekend---none bigger than Clemson going down to Syracuse?!  Hope the team sees it that way cause we're REALLY not nearly good enough to even start getting full of ourselves.

This Mean Green team I think will not read its newspaper clippings.  For certain Mason Fine won't.  He is one of the most well adjusted kids I've seen at his age.  He takes all in stride.  He even once said if he had a career ending injury he'd merely move onto being a coach. Amazing. 

➡️ Denton, Denton County, UNT students & fellow UNT alums: Something special's going on up there!   Don't let this train take off w/o you. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1