DRC: UNT picks up QB commitment (updated with HS coach comments)

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Have to think GH connection helped do this deal.  Awesome!

Harrell was Holgorsen's QB while he was OC at Tech... true, but Littrell was Holgorsen's RB coach at the same time & Filani was a WR at the same time.  So he's not the only connection.
I'm sure Dana told his boy all about the staff & what kind of men they are.   The fact that (now 2) coaches' sons are being steered their way speaks volumes about their deep relationships within the NCAA coaching ranks.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Harrell was Holgorsen's QB while he was OC at Tech... true, but Littrell was Holgorsen's RB coach at the same time & Filani was a WR at the same time.  So he's not the only connection.
I'm sure Dana told his boy all about the staff & what kind of men they are.   The fact that (now 2) coaches' sons are being steered their way speaks volumes about their deep relationships within the NCAA coaching ranks.

Love coaches sons as qbs!

If they do move on, we will still have Fine, Pearson, Bean and Martin (if they sign).. 

its a good problem to have but let’s worry about this season and the guys on the roster already..

After NSD, then we can worry about who makes it to campus in the 2019 class

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, edcollopy said:

just noticed in that GIF above how bad of a tackling attempt was made my McClain on that run.  Wow, God awful technique.  Going to have to put alot better on film if we hope he can play on Sundays.

I don't know. Have you seen how bad tackling has gotten in the NFL?  I swear most of these guys don't even need arms to play. Is the Gator Roll illegal now or something? [/old man rant]

• Lovely Take 1

19 hours ago, Stix said:

The concern, of course, is that Littrell and Harrell move on up, and young Holgorsen follows them before he ever gets to the UNT campus.

Let's make this a "Choose Your Own Adventure."  I'll turn to a different page.

Littrell moves on up, and Dana Holgorsen is hired as his replacement.  Young Holgorsen signs at UNT along with a loaded class, including several 3- and 4-star players previously verbally committed to WVU.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2017 at 1:50 PM, edcollopy said:

just noticed in that GIF above how bad of a tackling attempt was made my McClain on that run.  Wow, God awful technique.  Going to have to put alot better on film if we hope he can play on Sundays.

Noticed that as well.  Drives me crazy every time I see it.

• Lovely Take 1

On 10/16/2017 at 1:29 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Sounds like a good pickup.  Of course, if he heats up, I can think of at least one team that will have a leg up on stealing him from us.

Maybe. But then again, If I were a coach, I still wouldn't want to be the coach of my 19 year old kid. There is something difficult about that. You open yourself up to a lot of nepotism criticism, it puts a lot of pressure on the kid to double justify whatever playing time he has. And it may not be good for the kid either. I feel like sending them out into the world is part of growing.

And if I were the kid, I wouldn't want to go to college where my parents live exactly. Close by maybe, but exactly where they can see every misstep I may take? No.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

This is an outstanding endorsement of our program.

Very true.  Plus, it exposes our recruiting/marketing far beyond the Geography we usually recruit from... Saturday’s Win, The “Drive” and this kid now.   North Texas’ is being talked about all around right now.  If we beat FAU, it won’t just us beating that school, but “UNT just beat Lane K!”   It’s fantastic exposure. 

40 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

This is an outstanding endorsement of our program.