Rick Gosselin: Football is Back at North Texas. Big Time Football.

meangreener

Before we let it die.....

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/82719/tcu-hopes-new-offense-levels-playing-field

TCU knows what they have to do to win and that the same ole approach is not going to carry them too far. If you want to make it big time (consistent winning) and not named Alabama, gotta change it up. Gary Patterson realizes that trying to outmuscle people and play good D has him sitting at a 6-12 record 2 years inside the big12.

We don't play in the Big XII. We can win our conference with a physical fast D and a smash mouth offense.

Patterson is holding out hope that this new offense can save his job. They basically had no offense last year. They have no QB who can throw. I bet they struggle even more this year and their defense will suffer. I'd imagine they are going to a zone read baised scheme. So it's going to still be a run first oriented offense.

Not just for winning a bowl game, but for being the first black female coach in major college football to win one.

Frankly, it's amazing he can even call a play, since he's been hiccuping non-stop for 9 years straight. But he can, and I think we've got a bright, bright future here with him as a coach. Assuming we find a cure for AIDS, of course.

Dude found--and RAISED--the Titanic. You can't hold that against him. Plus, he fired the kill-shot on the evil-doers. Everywhere. With one eye. That's saying something, and something I think he should be proud of and trumpet.

Hey, I remember fifth grade!

[uNT90's response: I bet you do, since you're in fifth grade.]

(Someone should really lock this thread.)

Actually my response was going to be "you remember seeing it from your 2nd grade class room?"

But close.

Before we let it die.....

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/82719/tcu-hopes-new-offense-levels-playing-field

TCU knows what they have to do to win and that the same ole approach is not going to carry them too far. If you want to make it big time (consistent winning) and not named Alabama, gotta change it up. Gary Patterson realizes that trying to outmuscle people and play good D has him sitting at a 6-12 record 2 years inside the big12.

you're right... we should get away from our weaknesses like the most experienced line we've had in a looong time and our stable of running backs and instead turn the keys over to an unproven quarterback and our one solid returning ballcatcher...

what the hell is Mac thinking?

• Upvote 1

you're right... we should get away from our weaknesses like the most experienced line we've had in a looong time and our stable of running backs and instead turn the keys over to an unproven quarterback and our one solid returning ballcatcher...

what the hell is Mac thinking?

Don't put words in my mouth. Obviously play to your current strengths.

Don't put words in my mouth. Obviously play to your current strengths.

I may get burned for saying this, but the up tempo more open offense suits McNulty more. That's the type of offense you want correct?

Better suited for running the zone read (than Greer), gets the ball out quicker in terms of delivery, more accurate in the shorter throws

• Upvote 2

Did you guys realize that most of our players couldn't even read or write when Mac arrived? He taught them.

I think everyone has forgotten how it started for Mac. There were only 3 people at his first home game: Mrs. Mac (who left at halftime), Rick V, and the mayor of Denton. And when it looked like we might beat Houston... The mayor of Denton pulled out a rifle and shot Coach Mac right in the spine. Cost us the game!

When I think of Coach Mac in that wheelchair, and how it hasn't stopped him from building this program... Well, I get a little misty-eyed.

I think everyone has forgotten how it started for Mac. There were only 3 people at his first home game: Mrs. Mac (who left at halftime), Rick V, and the mayor of Denton. And when it looked like we might beat Houston... The mayor of Denton pulled out a rifle and shot Coach Mac right in the spine. Cost us the game!

When I think of Coach Mac in that wheelchair, and how it hasn't stopped him from building this program... Well, I get a little misty-eyed.

Reposting, I cryed.

• Upvote 1

I... I... I... I love you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1