Green Brigade

ColoradoEagle

I thought they had an amazing sound this week for the halftime show.

I wish they would play a wider variety of music in the stands (Seven Nation Army, Star Wars, Rocky, etc).

What they did play sounded really good in Apogee.

That's called a compliment sandwich.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a current member of the GB I have to disagree with you guys, just because it feels nice outside doesn't mean it feels the same in full uniform. Try putting on your biggest winter coat and running around outside right now for 10 minutes straight and that's what the halftime show is like for us.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

As a current member of the GB I have to disagree with you guys, just because it feels nice outside doesn't mean it feels the same in full uniform. Try putting on your biggest winter coat and running around outside right now for 10 minutes straight and that's what the halftime show is like for us.

Done it before. I lived. Always wondered why they made those things out of wool and not dri-fit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why does every other school's band wear their uniforms in the heat? You always see UT's band in full uniform, A$M's is always in their military uniforms, SMU's is always...nevermind. Maybe we should buy from a manufacturer that can produce a cooler uniform. The t-shirts, shorts and black socks look bad.

Speaking of the male flag bearers, how ridiculous is that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Why does every other school's band wear their uniforms in the heat? You always see UT's band in full uniform, A$M's is always in their military uniforms, SMU's is always...nevermind. Maybe we should buy from a manufacturer that can produce a cooler uniform. The t-shirts, shorts and black socks look bad.

Speaking of the male flag bearers, how ridiculous is that?

Nothing wrong with the male flag bearer, just think it was much more appealing not seeing them in spaghetti strap tops.

the band sounded great, but the announcer flubbed the song credits....said the composer of Malaga was Stan Kenton and the bandleader that made it famous was Bill Holman, when the opposite is true.....but that was better than the first game when the bandleader was Stan Keaton....

minor details, but simple to get correct...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Watching ASU/USC game and the bands are wearing tshirts and pants on national TV!!! And the TCU band made the WFAA news with tshirts on.... So sloppy

By the way, love how the GB can play Emblem of Unity march, some pop song I can't remember after the 1st quarter, and it's other standards and still have people complain about the lack of variety.

I think Beerman should do a solo with the GB at the next home game.

• Upvote 4

So can the football team just play flag football in shorts and t shirts until October because I'm pretty sure it's pretty damn hot for them in full pads as well and they play for 3 hours, not 10 minutes

They practice in pads...their bodies are used to it. GB doesn't because that would be stupid.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Watching ASU/USC game and the bands are wearing tshirts and pants on national TV!!! And the TCU band made the WFAA news with tshirts on.... So sloppy

By the way, love how the GB can play Emblem of Unity march, some pop song I can't remember after the 1st quarter, and it's other standards and still have people complain about the lack of variety.

+1. I love your sarcasm, but you'd have to "coach up" most in this thread for them to get it.

I cheered for 5 years, try running the flags 26 times times in polyester (the Navy game 4 years ago)

• Upvote 1

Good one, +!. No need to coach folks up on sarcasm, sometimes you just gotta throw the pearls-before-swine.

"The band really ruined my experience tonight." - Retarded IU fan in section 208.

God. All of you.

Was that the r-tard in the indian outfit with "IU" painted on his chest?

I understand that it is hot, but wouldn't it be possible to do the pregame and halftime shows in your band uniforms, then take the hats and jackets off while in the stands?

I don't think it's a problem not having the number of uniforms. If the Allen HS Band, which numbers a small Chinese province can have the right number of uniforms, then so can we.

But the Green Brigade does sound AWESOME!

i marched in the green brigade from 95-97...we always wore our uniforms. we were allowed to take off our jackets for the third quarter, but that's it. wear the uniforms...you'll live and look good.

• Upvote 4