East Carolina (1/17/24)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Lets hope the men can do the same thing

I would just like to say that I personally, do not condone the beating of women by our team... even if they are from SMU...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

With 3.1 left ya really have to burn some more time off the clock and not give them that last shot…..hahahaha.  I kid, I kid.  What a finish!  Way to stay in it until the end and come out of there with a highlight win!!  

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Somebody have an account to let this guy know North Texas did not lose in the NIT final?

https://247sports.com/college/east-carolina/board/59438/Contents/final-north-texas-60-ecu-59-225623905/?page=14#M225636729

ECUPittfan
Posted on 38 mins, , User Since 133 months ago, User Post Count: 3541
  • 38 mins
Please don't lump north Texas in a a bad team. They won like 25 games each of the last 2 years and lost in NIT final last year

That's the post that angered me the most, too!!

• Upvote 4

Just finished watching the game.

Holy! Moly!

This is why I am not a betting man. I predict more with my heart than head, but am incredibly happy with this win. 

Let’s go get the sweep. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Great finish but honestly Allen pushed off.  Their coach was immediately on the refs after the game and I worry the conference may give this back to ECU due to a formal grievance being filed.

Give this back?  You don’t understand how this works, do you?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

Great finish but honestly Allen pushed off.  Their coach was immediately on the refs after the game and I worry the conference may give this back to ECU due to a formal grievance being filed.

Are you from a different dimension?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cogido said:

I’ve gotta speak up…. When Grant McCasland left as we knew he would I was resigned to appreciate the tremendous run the Mean Green basketball program just had BUT, I was ready for the usual 5 to 6 year drought that usually historically follows.   BUT DAMN, NOT THIS TIME !  This UNT basketball program, players and coaches, are for real and it’s fun .

Nuff said, GMG.

McCasland did wonderful things here, but at this point; I'm not sure if NT didn't keep the best coach in that staff. 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

I liked this one...

JollyRoger avatar
JollyRoger
Posted on 57 mins, , User Since 121 months ago, User Post Count: 4851
  • 57 mins
  • 121 months

It’s embarrassing these former CUSA teams just waltz into the American and slap our teams around

Was also a favorite of mine.

I think the best part about them complaining for the foul at the end is they shot twice as many free throws as us throughout the game and couldn't pull it off. Had they just hit their free throws, this play never happens. They were soft on the interior all game and that final play is just another example of that.

Points in the paint: NT 36, ECU 20.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1