East Carolina (1/17/24)

CMJ

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

My favorite video coverage of “the pass.”  Never loses continuous coverage of the ball.  

The lady on the bottom right in this photo (white sweater, both hands on face) knows what is about to happen!  lol

Also could have been a foul call here on #3 (above^) hacking the arm of Allen.

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

My favorite video coverage of “the pass.”  Never loses continuous coverage of the ball.  

All the keyboard warriors on social media who want to say Allen pushed off need to be watching these angles. There is arm extension so he can spring himself forward (honestly don't know what the actual rulebook says you can/can't do) but he doesn't push #6 at all. And look at #6's face and body language - maybe he was just focused on the game, but most players are going to look around for a call and jump up and down if they think they got fouled. He just moved on - as did the rest of his teammates.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

All the keyboard warriors on social media who want to say Allen pushed off need to be watching these angles. There is arm extension so he can spring himself forward (honestly don't know what the actual rulebook says you can/can't do) but he doesn't push #6 at all. And look at #6's face and body language - maybe he was just focused on the game, but most players are going to look around for a call and jump up and down if they think they got fouled. He just moved on - as did the rest of his teammates.

None of this video captures Allen while he was touching the defender.  Not possible to use it as evidence either way.

• Eye Roll 1

Just now, Matt from A700 said:

Okay, then use this lol. It captures #6 not being pushed and his no reaction.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I think this case has really put into question the definition of the foul.

If the foul is based on interference of the defender, then Allen didn't commit a foul.  We all agree the defender was not affected.  

But it's called a push-off which, IMO, doesn't necessarily mean the defender is affected..  I can push off another's body and, with firm footing, they can be perfectly still/unaffected.  I've watched this replay way too many times, and I cannot see it your way.  I've tried lol

This is the last comment I'll make on it, because I think everyone has made up their mind.  I suspect If the ECU defender had flopped, he might get the call.

Or might not.  They were letting the teams play through a lot of would-be fouls those last couple minutes.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I think this case has really put into question the definition of the foul.

If the foul is based on interference of the defender, then Allen didn't commit a foul.  We all agree the defender was not affected.  

But it's called a push-off which, IMO, doesn't necessarily mean the defender is affected..  I can push off another's body and, with firm footing, they can be perfectly still/unaffected.  I've watched this replay way too many times, and I cannot see it your way.  I've tried lol

This is the last comment I'll make on it, because I think everyone has made up their mind.  I suspect If the ECU defender had flopped, he might get the call.

Or might not.  They were letting the teams play through a lot of would-be fouls those last couple minutes.

Why are we still talking about this??

Go Mean Green! Beat Charlotte!

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I agree that a foul when not impacting the play on the court should be averted especially at the very end of a close game.  Had they called the foul in Allen at that critical point it would have taken away one of the seasons best plays which in turn hurts the sport.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2