As I told all of you, SMU is going to get to be in the East

55 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Just sawr this posted on twitter.  We will be stuck out west!  I would not even consider it.

I thought Stanford and Smut were best buds?   Plus Stanford only wants to associate with "small privates".   

I bet Smut and Tulane get switched with UNT and UTSA per Stanford's request.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Just sawr this posted on twitter.  We will be stuck out west!  I would not even consider it.

When would AFA and SDSU be able to join? I still don't see how this is any different than the boat they were in before

• Upvote 1

My biggest issue with this is that we wouldn't have a guaranteed SMUt game each year I'm assuming (which is probably exactly what they want)? At this point, level of competition is in our favor if it gets split like this I think? A 20 team conference is kinda massive and I don't know if it would be a good move or not.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

When would AFA and SDSU be able to join? I still don't see how this is any different than the boat they were in before

Partially agree. If this happens, then SMU would still be in the west for one year, because these two would come in in 25 at the earliest.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

Partially agree. If this happens, then SMU would still be in the west for one year, because these two would come in in 25 at the earliest.

Smut has been wanting to go west the whole time. Let them go be with their "bretheren."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm wary of random "sources" on Twitter but I wouldn't be mad if this beaver fan were right.

So only 14 mil per school? Seems low

Tiered payouts. Top, middle and final. 18-14-10 respectively. Average is 14m but Top tier of 7 teams will get 18m and final tier of 6 recent AAC adds + Air Force would get 10m.
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, C Rod said:

Bruh. This is THE move. Our estimated TV take home money in the Pac/AAC league would be $10M. That’s a huge step up from what we’ve been getting in CUSA and is significantly more that reduced share we’re scheduled to receive in the current AAC. This merger would elevate our program to new heights. Let’s go Aresco. 🙏🏼

That's fine, sounds like a good financial move. But would we be locked in to only playing in our division during the regular season? 

9 games for each division would mean no crossover, right? So no SMUt game, and that's always my favorite game on the calendar.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

How does scheduling work in a conference and divisions this size?  You can't even play all the teams in your own division in a season, so how many cross-division games do you play?

Pods of 5. 

Cal, Stanford, WSU, OSU, SDSU

UNT, SMU, UTSA, Tulsa, AFA

Rice, Tulane, UAB, Memphis, CLT

FAU, USF, ECU, Temple, Navy

I'm sure there will be some adjustments here and there. Play a 9 conference slate so thats 4 teams in your pod, and 5 crossover games. Or you can do 5 pods of 4 teams, with 6 crossover games. There's a lot of creative solutions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

In order to ensure the top two teams play each other in the conference championship and therefore increase the odds for the College Football Playoffs, I could also see 5 team pods form. 

Pod 1: WSU, OSU, Stanford, Cal, SDSU

Pod 2: AF, SMU, Rice, Tulane, Navy

Pod 3: UNT, UTSA, Tulsa, Memphis, UAB

Pod 4: USF, FAU, Charlotte, ECU, Temple

SEC is already considering Pod scheduling as they become a super conference. 

Edited by C Rod
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

I thought Stanford and Smut were best buds?   Plus Stanford only wants to associate with "small privates".   

I bet Smut and Tulane get switched with UNT and UTSA per Stanford's request.

Stanford has had no problem associating with large public schools such as Arizona, Arizona State (larger than UNT), and Colorado but now UNT is a problem? They've also had no problem associating with large system schools such as University of California, Los Angeles but now they're going to have a problem associating with University of Texas, San Antonio? I realize these aren't equal academic comparisons but Stanford is just throwing a tantrum about being left out of the realignment. They'll get over it if they want things to work.

7 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Well, if OS_Beaver says it…

Hey, look, I have no idea who runs that account and I don't view it as necessarily credible but none of the media sources seem to have much information anyways so why not ride with the beaver's hypothetical?

7 hours ago, NT80 said:

Tiered payouts. Top, middle and final. 18-14-10 respectively. Average is 14m but Top tier of 7 teams will get 18m and final tier of 6 recent AAC adds + Air Force would get 10m.

I'm fine with tiered payouts for the initial contract even though we'd be on the lower tier. Still better than what we're at now and significantly more than CUSA money. Take the extra money to keep investing in the program so you're not in a different media tier than your conference-mates when the next contract is negotiated.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NT80 said:

Hey that’s my name!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

This guy is still dealing with grief with this crazy wishful thinking. 

The conference could be created, and it's better than current AAC (dear god please put us in the West), but the money he's throwing out is insane. It wouldn't be remotely close to that per school.  Look what MWC, AAC are getting and what PAC was offered with much more valuable programs included

• Upvote 1