Breaking: North Texas Land Kennedale Safety Dotie

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

40% of our All-Time Commits have been Morris' commitments

40% of every commit ever has occurred under Morris?

I'm just Joshin' ya, but honest request here: what did you mean? Morris has 4 of our top 10? 

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

40% of every commit ever has occurred under Morris?

I'm just Joshin' ya, but honest request here: what did you mean? Morris has 4 of our top 10? 

247 lists our all-time commits, based on composite rating, at the bottom of their page. Number one is Riley Dodge, #2 is Jamario and so on. Four of the top ten are commits under Morris. 

• 2 months later...

I'm hoping we hit the portal hard this off-season. I was impressed with his film, however I would rather have a few guys that can play right away. Our offense is so explosive that if we can shore up the defense, we will be in business next year.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Eye Roll 1

Could be a number of factors involved here.  Might be he didn't like what he saw in our system, didn't like that a couple of young players have stepped up, Smith, Anderson and Starling, that are getting a lot of playing time, etc...  I always worry about losing commits and then a  year later I've forgotten about them.  We are going to be all right.

I also thought it might be a problem when he said the main reason he committed to us was Coach O.  He didn't say anything about the school, program, position coach, defensive scheme fitting his style, etc...

How many of you currently know an 18 or 17-year-old boy? They change their minds more often than a butterfly changes directions! He could have a girlfriend now that is going to SWTSU. He could have buddies that want him to join them there. There are any number of reasons completely unrelated to football that can and do cause people to change what school they plan to attend. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1