Official Army Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Our running game will do enough early on to keep the defense honest but this will be Mason's breakout game.  He'll finish with four scores and over 300 yards passing.  Our defense will give up some yardage but also get at least two turnovers and keep Army out of the endzone for most of the game.

Final:  UNT 38  Army 13

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

Wow. Lots of people don't think too much of us this game. I have a different feeling. I think we will do pretty well. 

I felt good about it until I read someone's brief analysis of the Knights' games thus far (maybe it was earlier in this tread). I had no idea they had top 10 defense stats against the run. I'm really surprised by that and it worries me. I'm also surprised by how close a lot of people think this game will be. I completely believe a 17 point spread, but if we can come out firing on all cylinders, I believe we could be the major victors. Either way, I think the score differential will be significant. The bye week, deceptively good play against Marshall, playing the triple option, a quality opponent but with recent hardships...too many variables to call it.

BUT I WILL ANYWAY. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE!!!

North Texas - 31

Which Way Is North? - 14

• Upvote 1

Mean Green - 26

Cadets - 23

Plenty of field goals in this game.  Our special teams need to be huge - we need to win the field position game big time.  If Army has many short fields in this game, then the Cadets will get the win.  We have to make every field goal attempt.

Weather will be a factor. MG play smart field-position football and are able to somewhat contain Army's running game. We will be +2 in turnovers and one of them will get us a TD. This will be a tough, slobber-knocker game.

Mean Green       31

Black Knights      28

• Upvote 1

I watched the Rice@Army game. We can beat Army. Army has not beaten an FBS team in over a month. If we are disciplined, our defense is too fast and athletic for Army's triple option to be effective. Our O-line should benefit from Army's smaller defensive front. And, Fine should create issues for their defense.

North Texas 20

Army 13

Edited by Side Show Joe

46 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Yeah Baby Yeah!!!

You need to change your name to Dr. Who because I damn sure suspect you traveled forward in time to gather information for your prediction!

I only predicted us to win 31-21, so I guess I have to walk away in shame. But seriously, I expect this to continue, because our Mean Green D is very special, and I truly expect that our O is in the process of following right behind. Great win for this program, and an incredible job for J. Wilson once again. Great day for Mean Greeners!!

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

quote worthy

Stand by both.  Let's remember that Mac's teams always used to look WORSE with a week off to prepare for someone.  The defense went out, learned what they had to do, and then stuck to it.  The offense had a game plan, had a lot of trouble executing it in the first half, so they adjusted it and blew them out in the second half.  

Staff is teaching and preparing, players are learning and executing.  

On 10/19/2016 at 8:32 AM, NorthTexan95 said:

Our running game will do enough early on to keep the defense honest but this will be Mason's breakout game.  He'll finish with four scores and over 300 yards passing.  Our defense will give up some yardage but also get at least two turnovers and keep Army out of the endzone for most of the game.

Final:  UNT 38  Army 13

I'd just like to pat myself on the back.  I was completely wrong on how we would score but I was dang close on the final score.  Kudos to me!