SethLittrell.com

Zeke

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It was designed for optimal performance using a 14.4k dial-up connection.  I think fiber speeds may be a little overwhelming.

14.4?  Try a text-only Compuserve account at 300 baud.

• Upvote 1

[anticipating downvotes]

This is actually really shitty web design, outdated by about eight years, and I'm not sure what mobile browser you're using @Zeke, but it's pretty crappy on iOS Safari. No scaling content, collisions, javascript image effects circa 2004, and of course a few typos; no es bueno.

It's like someone was inspired by parallax design trends of the last five years and then attempted to make the same on a platform that doesn't support such. It uses the same platform, typefaces, and design elements they've been using since I got here in 2009, that's for sure.

Another swing, another miss.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 15
  • Downvote 23

Amazing what happens when you lower the age of your head coach (and presumably AD too) by 30 or so years. Not that he did this himself, but you get the point. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

[anticipating downvotes]

This is actually really shitty web design, outdated by about eight years, and I'm not sure what mobile browser you're using @Zeke, but it's pretty crappy on iOS Safari. No scaling content, collisions, javascript image effects circa 2004, and of course a few typos; no es bueno.

It's like someone was inspired by parallax design trends of the last five years and then attempted to make the same on a platform that doesn't support such. It uses the same platform, typefaces, and design elements they've been using since I got here in 2009, that's for sure.

Sorry, I get your point. But do you think the targeted audience (high school football recruits) are going to notice any of that? It's a step forward, I think we can agree on that. Amongst a number of steps forward. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Amazing what happens when you lower the age of your head coach (and presumably AD too) by 30 or so years. Not that he did this himself, but you get the point. 

Sorry, I get your point. But do you think the targeted audience (high school football recruits) are going to notice any of that? It's a step forward, I think we can agree on that. Amongst a number of steps forward. 

I think the presently booming uniform industry proves that good design matters to recruits - so, yes.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

[anticipating downvotes]

Shut up Christopher! Of course the website is behind the times, but it is inspiring to say the damn least. They set it up nice and yes it looks great. Another swing, another quit being a turd.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

[anticipating downvotes]

I'm going to agree with Christopher on this one.

Don't get me wrong, the message it is attempting to deliver is great. I read: "I am an awesome coach who's going to deliver. Here's why we're going to kick ass."

Awesome. Exciting.

But the way it is delivering is subpar. The big green headers are cumbersome and something I can come up with real quick in photoshop, or some in-the-box template.

It's definitely an improvement to what his website used to look like a few months ago. 

If the text would just scale (I literally can't read it), and the headers were more professional, it would make a huge difference.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

i like that as a group we have been clambering and shouting for something...  anything that makes us appear that we are making an effort.  "PLEASE UNT AD MAKE AN EFFORT!!!!!" seems to have been the rallying cry around here for as long as I can remember...

Then when we get something that shows they are starting to make that effort we shit on it...    We are a good group!

Of course there are mistakes and room for improvement.   But is it so hard to enjoy some growth...  even for just for a minute before we decide to blow it up and proclaim it as a failure?

Edited by hickoryhouse
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

42 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I'm going to agree with Christopher on this one.

Don't get me wrong, the message it is attempting to deliver is great. I read: "I am an awesome coach who's going to deliver. Here's why we're going to kick ass."

Awesome. Exciting.

But the way it is delivering is subpar. The big green headers are cumbersome and something I can come up with real quick in photoshop, or some in-the-box template.

It's definitely an improvement to what his website used to look like a few months ago. 

If the text would just scale (I literally can't read it), and the headers were more professional, it would make a huge difference.

Agree.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1