How is our crowd?

bstnsportsfan3

Seemed 50/50 for me.

SMU students and band are pathetic. I really wanted to hear their halftime show but they were so quiet. Students were a non-factor. Thank God it's not like that with us.

Food and beer was overpriced. Entrance procedures with security were stupid and overkill.

Why is SMU's stadium such a dump? It is designed like Fouts, has dingy concourses and feels 20 years older than it is. Feels small time. 

The Boulevard is probably the douchiest thing I've ever seen. Few tents with chandeliers. Literally the dumbest thing. Come to a Texans game, let me show you chumps how to tailgate.

Our uniforms looked big time, our fans came out like big time, and so did the band. Too bad the band didn't.

I'm never going to step foot back on SMU's Rice lite campus and with any luck hopefully never back in Highland Park. What kinda CVS doesn't sell beer? Cups? 

F SMU and everything they stand for. They fit every stereotype I had going in.

Seemed 50/50 for me.

SMU students and band are pathetic. I really wanted to hear their halftime show but they were so quiet. Students were a non-factor. Thank God it's not like that with us.

Food and beer was overpriced. Entrance procedures with security were stupid and overkill.

Why is SMU's stadium such a dump? It is designed like Fouts, has dingy concourses and feels 20 years older than it is. Feels small time. 

The Boulevard is probably the douchiest thing I've ever seen. Few tents with chandeliers. Literally the dumbest thing. Come to a Texans game, let me show you chumps how to tailgate.

Our uniforms looked big time, our fans came out like big time, and so did the band. Too bad the team didn't.

I'm never going to step foot back on SMU's Rice lite campus and with any luck hopefully never back in Highland Park. What kinda CVS doesn't sell beer? Cups? 

F SMU and everything they stand for. They fit every stereotype I had going in.

go tweet some more about the "war on gamers"

I liked Amazing Grace on the bagpipes.  I also thought the choir sounded great signing America the Beautiful.  It was pathetic that their band has to be microphoned and run through the PA for people to be able to hear them when they were in the stands.

I was surprised at how dated and dingy their stadium is too.  It does seem like it shouldn't seem that old.

I agree that the uniforms looked great, but I'm assuming you meant to say that the team didn't come out like big time rather than the band.

I liked the boulevard, but whatever.

I would say 20k at the game. The home side had many empty seats, I'll go with 50% actual butts in seats over there. Surprisingly it got better as the home side turned into the top of the horseshoe where you started to see some green. At the mid point of the top of the horseshoe it became a sea of green and it was packed. The visitor sideline was more like 60% full with SMU students packed in a couple of lower sections but otherwise mostly good guys. The lower sections on the visitor side were far more full than the upper sections. 

I'll go with 50/50 as my final answer. 

I was shocked at how empty your alumni side was.

Of course, our AD, who stated we would have 15k in attendance, was wrong, or just plain lied. Hard to tell with that guy. 

I would estimate that we had a good 9 to 10k in attendance. Official attendance was 25,401. We all know that about 7 to 8k of SMU season ticket holders don't show up for the game, and this was clear to the eye when looking at your alumni section. So, that means ACTUAL attendance was about 17 to 18k, of which UNT fans were more than half.

You say we were louder, yet what in the hell did we have to be louder about? We were louder because there were more of us, plain and simple. 

If I didn't internet know you, I would think this was a troll post. I expect better from you.

I actually do think SMU had slightly more people there.  Don't forget all the people in the club seats, people do against us all time, and don't forget all the people on the grassy knoll.

Which is appropriate, since after I saw the first three plays my head snapped back and to the left, back and to the left, back... and... to the... left.

• Upvote 3

go tweet some more about the "war on gamers"

Creep much? I assume you stand with that SJW pedophile, the abusive feminist game developer, and lying culture critic too. But that's off topic. If your attitude towards my twitter is any indication, you don't care about facts as much as the message. News flash- "feelz not realz" doesn't cut it outside of the social justice hug box. Welcome to real life.

If I didn't internet know you, I would think this was a troll post. I expect better from you.

Internet knowing is the best knowing.

I liked Amazing Grace on the bagpipes.  I also thought the choir sounded great signing America the Beautiful.  It was pathetic that their band has to be microphoned and run through the PA for people to be able to hear them when they were in the stands.

For some gawdawful reason they decided to pack the students and band off in the gawddamn corner where the visiting bands used to sit. Literally no one likes it. "Hey guys, let's give the visiting bands better positioning so we can't hear our own!"

Edited by malonish
  • Downvote 1

Thoughts on pic: good thing you only got part of your side in the pic. Your upper bowl presence was near nothing and your lower bowl attendance was equal density to the home side. If your attitude towards my twitter is any indication, you don't care about facts as much as the message. News flash- "feelz not realz" doesn't cut it outside of the social justice hug box. Welcome to real life.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  I'm assuming this is directed at me since I posted the pic.  First off, all I did was post a pic from my POV in my seats since you said you didn't have one from yours.   I didn't post any conclusions from it.  I have no idea what our upper bowl looked like because I couldn't see it from my seats.  

I have know idea what your Twitter rant is about.  I rarely ever do anything with Twitter and I'm pretty sure you and I have never crossed paths there.  Not sure which of us has more experience with "real life".

My assumption is that you either have me confused with someone else or just need to clarify who your rant was aimed at.   I've liked having you around here, which should be evidenced by the number of +1's you've received from me on your posts.  

• Upvote 2

Last night I thought low to mid 20's with at least 40% UNT. Official attendance was posted just over 25 thousand. Assuming 40% or better is reasonable, we had ten thousand or more UNT fans there. I was in section 122, which for this year is the last visitor section going clockwise. The sections for public sale between 122 and the SMU student section appeared to be solid green. Looking onto the sun for most of the game, I could see the home side had a lot of SMU fans, but could not tell how full it was since the seats are red or blue. In any case, a great turnout for UNT.

Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 1

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  I'm assuming this is directed at me since I posted the pic.  First off, all I did was post a pic from my POV in my seats since you said you didn't have one from yours.   I didn't post any conclusions from it.  I have no idea what our upper bowl looked like because I couldn't see it from my seats.  

I have know idea what your Twitter rant is about.  I rarely ever do anything with Twitter and I'm pretty sure you and I have never crossed paths there.  Not sure which of us has more experience with "real life".

My assumption is that you either have me confused with someone else or just need to clarify who your rant was aimed at.   I've liked having you around here, which should be evidenced by the number of +1's you've received from me on your posts.  

Mea culpa. I r dumm. Meany comment wasn't intended at you.

I bet you know all about real life. Oh, but wait, you went to SMU. You know absolutely nothing about real life. Also it wasn't hard to find you. I literally just searched Twitter because your posts were funny. Instead I found out you were a neckbeard red piller. Shameful. Not really unexpected though. #gamergate #gamerghazi #quinnspiracy #notanMRA 

What does any of that have to do with football or ethics in journalism? Ya gettin' downvoted by more than just me bruh. Chris Walker probably doesn't like your comment about beards since his is pretty darn epic.

GMG

Edited by malonish
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1