Your own personal 2015 break thru player

Harry

who is the one player on this years team do you expect to have a break thru year?  Break thru meaning a great season or just emerging from the background to contribute

i will pick Mustafa Haboul at defensive tackle.  Don't think he's an all conference player necessarily but perhaps by the end of the season people will know who he is  -- I just think he's going to be extremely solid and productive for us this season.

I'll go position group, and in order of most success 

1. Cedric Fernandez (DB)

2. Cortney Finney (LB) 

3. Tillman Johnson (DL) 

4. Damarcus Smith (QB) 

5. Jeffery Wilson (RB) 

6. Chris Miles (OL) 

7. Tee Goree (WR) 

8. Kevin Dillman (TE) 

feel free red to leave your thoughts, need something to get me through next 2 months! Ready for Sept 12 already!! Crap @BillySee58 who can we contact to get that fixed? That's not ok. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If allowed, I'm going to go with the Marcus Smith / Kevin Dillman combo.

I think the TE position will be critical to the offense this season to control the middle of the field in the passing game and contribute as bigger bodies blocking for a solid run game. I expect Smith to be 2nd on the team in targets at season's end (behind Harris) and think that Dillman will either start the year still acclimating to the college game or as a possible redshirt candidate but will ultimately be called on midseason when the mental aspects come together enough for his talent/athleticism to be too tempting to keep off the field. 

• Upvote 1

1. Cedric Fernandez (DB)

2. Cortney Finney (LB) 

3. Tillman Johnson (DL) 

4. Damarcus Smith (QB) 

5. Jeffery Wilson (RB) 

6. Chris Miles (OL) 

7. Tee Goree (WR) 

8. Kevin Dillman (TE) 

feel free red to leave your thoughts, need something to get me through next 2 months! Ready for Sept 12 already!! Crap @BillySee58 who can we contact to get that fixed? That's not ok. 

Interesting that only Wilson and Tillman played last year out of your players

Edited by Green Crazy

Interesting that only Wilson and Tillman played last year out of your players

Which is exactly why I believe we're a year away from having a chance to make a bowl, unless Damarcus Smith is an all-conference type QB right away. That, and our schedule. So many of our most talented players don't have the experience yet.

• Upvote 1

I'll go position group, and in order of most success 

1. Cedric Fernandez (DB)

2. Cortney Finney (LB) 

3. Tillman Johnson (DL) 

4. Damarcus Smith (QB) 

5. Jeffery Wilson (RB) 

6. Chris Miles (OL) 

7. Tee Goree (WR) 

8. Kevin Dillman (TE) 

A lot of class of 2014 action here. That class has been by far Mccarney's best in terms of offer lists, and they've left good early impressions. Also Kishawn Mcclain is starting from that class as well.

I'm not sure. The last time I pointed it out on here about someone else, they changed it. Every high school article and profile I've seen of Wilson spells it "Jeffery", but our site has "Jeffrey."

One of the Juco kids either the Defensive end I forgot his name or Thad. (WR)

Saw a tweet where our stud DE from Juco made it to campus and tweeted. Jareid Combs, he's the one who had 17 sacks last year. 

• Upvote 2

Obviously it needs to be a QB but just as important would be DL, so I will go with Combs. Breaking in a mostly new secondary without pressure on the opposing QB would be very bad. Like drinking Jobu's rum bad.

a94c96b0-be65-11e3-827f-f7afacea3679_job

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1

Choosing a player from both the offense and defense, I believe that Jeffery Wilson and Cortney Finney will have the best opportunity to break through this season. If allowed, my honorable mention candidates would include Tee Goree and Tillman Johnson, respectively.

That being said, if we are to hold out hope of improving upon last year's disappointing 4-8 campaign, then we should all be praying that DaMarcus Smith is even given the chance to break through this season. And if we are to finally break an 11-year NFL Draft selection drought, then Marcus Smith will need to improve upon an already-terrific season, with an even better performance this year.

• Upvote 1

Saw a tweet where our stud DE from Juco made it to campus and tweeted. Jareid Combs, he's the one who had 17 sacks last year. 

I'm really hopeful that Jareid Combs can come in and contribute right away. A consistent pass rush would make life for our boys in the secondary so much easier.

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 1