I35E Lane Closure Thursday Night

C Vo

Starting at 9PM I35E will have the left land closed between Teasley and Loop 288

Well this is the beginning of 4 years of traveling I35E headaches, but it is 20 years overdue.

Closures will be in place from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m., Tues., Oct. 29 through Thurs., Oct. 31:
left lane of southbound I-35E between Teasley Lane and Loop 288.
The left lane of northbound I-35E frontage road from Pockrus Page Road to just of north of the Denton Regional Medical Center entrance. Access to the hospital will be maintained.
The inside left lane of eastbound Mayhill Road under the I-35E bridge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's a seventy three year plan to expand it one lane and four miles.

+1 to an exponential factor. Finally, someone understands the current state of construction zone management. Still, they finally got those flyovers finished south of Grapevine. I was just trying one Sunday after leaving church, thinking, "you don't want to have a flat with only this dinky little shoulder to work with". Sure enough, saw some poor young dude with that exact problem, looked like he was aging faster than someone in the advanced phase of meth addiction. Remind me to carry one of those emergency blinkers and help out the next unfortunate I see in that situation.

People used to say Texans would never take mass transit; now everybody wants a train station within walking distance of their work.

• Upvote 1

A slightly mitigating factor to the problem...doesn't this mean it will only affect those leaving the game, but not on their way to it? Hopefully they'll all be happy at the outcome and tune their radios to the postgame show while stuck in postgame traffic.

I see no viable alternate route back to Lewisville. At least the lane closure is only about a mile.

I would take Teasley that turns into Swisher/Teasley. Then get on 35 in Corinth.

Or take 2499 off of Teasley and go through highland village/flowermound.

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 1

The game should be over at or shortly after 9:00. Since the lane closures are not suppose to start until 9:00pm I would think you would be better served to stay on I35

Televised games tend to take longer to play out as the official timeouts are longer. No way the game is finished before 9. More like 9:30 or 10.

• Upvote 1

People used to say Texans would never take mass transit; now everybody wants a train station within walking distance of their work.

Back in the 70's a friend of mine once observed that Texans will never get back on trains and buses unless and until the automobile becomes too expensive to own, or too much trouble to own.

!-35 will be obsolete upon completion. That is the nature of these things. Trying to reduce traffic congestion by inducing more traffic with more and more and wider and wider highways is a great example of Einstein's definition of insanity. Take the A Train. The more it is used the more it will improve and at a fraction of the cost and inconvenience of highway building. The DCTA has wonderful potential for Denton and UNT and will become more efficient and convenient the more it is used. Don't forget the shuttle service on Homecoming.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They won't make it anywhere close to Denton before running out of funds.

Yep, which is so so moronic.

!-35 will be obsolete upon completion. That is the nature of these things. Trying to reduce traffic congestion by inducing more traffic with more and more and wider and wider highways is a great example of Einstein's definition of insanity. Take the A Train. The more it is used the more it will improve and at a fraction of the cost and inconvenience of highway building. The DCTA has wonderful potential for Denton and UNT and will become more efficient and convenient the more it is used. Don't forget the shuttle service on Homecoming.

+1s

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1