Christmas in Hawaii anyone?

ksigjayt

I wonder if some Dallas powers might not push for a team whose fans have to travel and book hotels, thus more money spent at restaraunts. Most of our fans won't stay overnight and many will tailgate. That said, I don't know what CuSA team that would be.

With the UNT Dallas partnership that would be very difficult for them to do, besides you will have a Big Ten opponent who will help the travel dollars.

Of course, there are upsides here if this does happen.

1) Hell of a going-away present for the seniors, even with few traveling UNT fans, wouldn't you think?

2) If we get the Hawai'i Bowl, then we were the CUSA runner-up our first year in the conference.

3) We haven't had a bowl berth in 9 years. If UNT gets the offer, take it.

I'd rather see a bowl that is geographically more reasonable for most of you to travel to, but roll with it and worry about how many will make the trip when the time comes. If the WORST we get is #2 in the conference and a great Hawai'i "vacation" for Orr, Trice, Thompson, etc., then that's not so bad.

There's no telling. The Big XII will likely be unable to fill two of their bowl tie-ins. I'm not sure how that affects us. But there are still several games to be played.

I will say this: beat Rice and I think we run the table. At that point, we need Tulane to slip up... twice. Which seems less likely given their win over Tulsa this past weekend.

Either way, we'll be at 6 wins by Homecoming. After that, too many variables to consider in a conference that's truly wide-open.

Edited by Eagle1855