Beyond the Green 2013 - Episode 1

ColoradoEagle

just watched it and it's awesome! not exactly what I had in mind, but really good.

I noticed that there's a Ball State show on FCSC at 4:30. Might be interesting to look at next week's competition.

way ahead of you. saw it this morning and have it set to record. ;) utsa has one too, so i'm recording that as well.

• Upvote 1

Just saw Beyond the (Mean) Green on Fox Southwest and one word:

WOW! :thumbsu:

The quality of this 30 minute was superb! Day'um!

(This was not the same show as shown in the video in the first post of this thread--maybe it wasn't supposed to be)?

THIS:

:goodjob: We've not had a TV weekly like this since the Hayden Fry TV Show but this show with more quality and a much larger audience from the Fox Southwest TV crew as one would expect.

Our entire football team knows the North Texas Fight Song, too..................word for word. How many of our alums know it? LOL! :thumbsu:

Great coverage of many of North Texas past football greats from the 100 Years of North Texas Football banquet last Friday night. :thumbsu:

They mentioned how it was the U of North Texas that broke the color barrier in the mid 1950's, ie, 10 years before anyone else in the state of Texas (and for certain the Deep South). :thumbsu:

Funny lines from former great offensive lineman Bill Carrico talking about his blocking for UNT NCAAA "D-1" All American Abner Haynes. :thumbsu:

Then you had words from the great Mean Joe Greene, Cedrick Hardman, J.T. Smith, Willie Parker, Booger Kennedy, Johnny Quinn, Andy Brewster, etc, etc, etc, all some great words and memories of their alma mater.

Even the Mean Green locker room wall with its blown-up backdrop pics of "filled with fans" Apogee Stadium were great to look at on this TV special. :thumbsu:

And best of all................10 more of these Beyond the Green programs to go all over the the great Southwest and the "NEW" C-USA TV network (and that is a bunch of people, folks). :thumbsu:

Even the show following Beyond the Green featured UNT alum Dave Barnett as its host. Then the show after that one featuered UNT alum Mark Followill in part of its program. :thumbsu:

Like Shoe-less Joe in that movie: "Is this heaven?" :innocent:

GMG! :thumbsu:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Watched on FSSW @ 5:00pm and was blown away. I've never seen that kind of production for UNT before on TV. Those old MGI episodes on ch. 21 don't hold a candle to this. Awesome!

Gotta hand it to Derek, I know he hears all of the talk, maybe even reads this board... It's gotta get to him, but the guy has spunk. I hope last weekend is the norm for him moving forward & not the aberration. It would be nice for him to be in the record books because he deserves it, rather than just being 'the best guy to choose from' for 3 years.

Sounds like Orr is going to leave a huge lockerroom void when he graduates.

I'm with everyone else on finding a GA spot for Trice. Dude is well-Spoken & LOVES UNT like we do.

Seeing some of those old-timers talk about the good ol' days was pretty cool too. I loved that story Carrico told about Haynes.

Overall, I loved it & I can't wait for the next episode! Kudos to RV & staff. Well done!

Great show. Couldn't believe I was watching a show about my alma mater. I second all the comments from above, loved what George D had to say about our program and traditions and hope DT has the best year ever for a senior QB at North Texas. Love his attitude. We will go as DT goes, and I have a great feeling about where this is headed.

Edited by UNTLifer

This was very good. Hopefully the word got out for recruits to watch this. Well done.

I was surprised about the interviews abou DT. It made it more reality TV like though and was not all fake and pro UNT.

Few things I noticed and I hate to nitpick after a good, maybe even great performance.

DT does not have a QB swagger or attitude. You dont want him to be a jerk like jonny football, but not a lot of confidence. Very soft spoken. You can tell by some of the comments he was sensitive and worried about comments. Criticism would get to most people in life, but as a QB, it goes with the position. I didnt like him acknowledging it, and if you are going to comment, be more aggresive. I can see how he could have trouble with confidence. Another thing is his body. It looked bad. He needed to put on a shirt.

I still think he can play good enough ball for us to have a successful season, but I cant wait till next year, when Dajon gets in there and this team has a QB that gives this team that extra edge and attitude.

I still think he can play good enough ball for us to have a successful season, but I cant wait till next year, when Dajon gets in there and this team has a QB that gives this team that extra edge and attitude.

And yet it's widely reported that Dajon is one of the most soft-spoken players on our team. Mac really wants him to learn how to be vocal and be a field general.

This was very good. Hopefully the word got out for recruits to watch this. Well done.

I was surprised about the interviews abou DT. It made it more reality TV like though and was not all fake and pro UNT.

Few things I noticed and I hate to nitpick after a good, maybe even great performance.

DT does not have a QB swagger or attitude. You dont want him to be a jerk like jonny football, but not a lot of confidence. Very soft spoken. You can tell by some of the comments he was sensitive and worried about comments. Criticism would get to most people in life, but as a QB, it goes with the position. I didnt like him acknowledging it, and if you are going to comment, be more aggresive. I can see how he could have trouble with confidence. Another thing is his body. It looked bad. He needed to put on a shirt.

Checking out his body? I think this is the wrong forum for that type of stuff. Hah. Seriously though, so what if he is not ripped? Lots of quarterbacks aren't. That doesn't determine how good of a quarterback he is. He is obviously still in good enough shape to play D1 football, the rest is more relevant to technique, good decision making, and leadership.

• Upvote 1

Checking out his body? I think this is the wrong forum for that type of stuff. Hah. Seriously though, so what if he is not ripped? Lots of quarterbacks aren't. That doesn't determine how good of a quarterback he is. He is obviously still in good enough shape to play D1 football, the rest is more relevant to technique, good decision making, and leadership.

His moobs were kinda jiggly. Just saying.

Glad that it seems to be a really good show. Unfortunately, those of us outside of the SW region have yet to see it. The following was posted on the article about the show on Meangreensports.com:

"Beyond the Greencan also be seen on demand at MeanGreenSports.com, FoxSportsSouthwest.com and the Conference USA Digital Network."

(http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082913aaa.html)

I checked those sites this morning but didn't see any info about the show. Arg! With today's technology there's no reason why something like this can't be more readily available to those outside the region.