Ponies Lost

Dr. Seuss

This is the sign ol' Fry-sters like to think is the beginning of the Dan McCarney era of Mean Green Domination!

He is the second coming of Hayden!

Just like the good ol' days with the Worm!

Drum corps marching will cease!

We will finally have last laugh over those SM-whoooo?!!!

Lime green forever!!

Fart!

Where is my couch?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have always wondered the same thing. A Mustang evokes strength. Pony makes me think of a petting zoo.

Mustangs are typically smaller then most horse breeds, but fast. Not particularly strong for a horse, again light and fast as I remember. I seem to remember that baby horses usually called colts, but in the case of mustangs they are many times called mustang ponies. Basically though mustangs were called ponies because they are smaller.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Honestly, I'm neither happy nor sad that smoo lost. They are so irrelevent on the local and national stage, the outcome of the game meant very little in the landscape of D1 college football. The McCarney Era will soon overshadow anything June Jones is doing in University Park, and the ponies will still be best remembered for their death penalty experience.

...and yes, I root openly for the service acadamies except when they are playing us and then I still admire them greatly.

• Upvote 2

Pretty excited that the ponies lost to Army today.

My excitement comes more from Army winning rather than SMU losing. Pretty decent game, and very good to see all three of the largest service academies in bowl games. First time for Army in a good long time. Way to go Cadets! Now, to all the Army seniors who will soon be commissioned and head out to help defend this great nation of ours...THANK you for your service and may God go with you. You have my everlasting thanks and appreciation and I will keep each and every one of you in my thoughts and prayers!

Great win but done by and even greater bunch of young leaders for this great nation of ours!

• Upvote 1

Reported attendance 36742. Didn't watch the game, does that sound about right? Or another inflated attendance figure from Smu?

Shows what SMU can draw when it gives away tickets to every military installation within 200 miles then sells SRO @ $10 each when there are plenty of random seats. Throw back to Russ Potts Pony Excess era when he proved you can draw a crowd if you give the tickets away!!!!! ANYTIME THE GELDINGS LOSE IT"S ALL GOOD!!! :growl: