New Sun Belt Logo

UNTflyer

From what I've been reading, all SBC teams will be wearing this logo on their uniforms this season. I like it, and would like to see it become the new Sun Belt logo.

This commemorative logo will be utilized for the 2010 season by the conference office and its nine football playing institutions. Each university will receive a version of the Sun Belt Conference 10th Anniversary Football Celebration logo that is consistent with that institution's colors.

sunbeltfootball10thanniversary.jpg

This is a very cool logo. Also makes you realize how young our league is and yet how many strides we have made. Some don't see any but I see plenty. FAU, Troy and UNT have all had moments in the sun. MTSU has had some strong wins and who can forget Arkie States close game at Iowa last year. ULL's win over KSU, which we WILL replicate in Denton in November and Troy's big win over OSU. Got to give our baby conference some props when they are due. I like the idea of bringing in the WAC leftovers to form 2 divisions. Hawaii has been to BCS, Idaho was a bowl team last year, SJSU has been a bowl team recently and NMSU is a natural rival.

Bring on the Big Belt!

GMG

From what I've been reading, all SBC teams will be wearing this logo on their uniforms this season. I like it, and would like to see it become the new Sun Belt logo.

This commemorative logo will be utilized for the 2010 season by the conference office and its nine football playing institutions. Each university will receive a version of the Sun Belt Conference 10th Anniversary Football Celebration logo that is consistent with that institution's colors.

That logo warms my heart, especially after our string of hot Texas 100+ degree days! (Can you believe 89 for a high today in DFW)? :clapping:

hideous. the pac 10 unveils a clean, progressive logo and we through out what looks like cheap clip art?

i realize no one's confirmed that it is, in fact, a permanent change. also, i will quickly admit that i have ZERO education regarding graphics and images. i just know what i like, and i don't like this one. i think it's mostly the length of the sun rays that i don't like.

hideous. the pac 10 unveils a clean, progressive logo and we through out what looks like cheap clip art?

i realize no one's confirmed that it is, in fact, a permanent change. also, i will quickly admit that i have ZERO education regarding graphics and images. i just know what i like, and i don't like this one. i think it's mostly the length of the sun rays that i don't like.

This:

Versus this:

sun_belt_conf_logo.gif

And this:

sun_belt_basketball-_logo.jpg

I'm just saying....

I agree.

I don't get what the problem is. It's a great Logo and definitely better than what we've had in the past. No one knows the Sunbelt enough to refer to us as the SBC. We're way too young, and since this is only the 10th anniversary of this conference I think we should wear this new Logo with pride. We may not have done all that much in the last few years, but we were a founding member for Football, but have achieved a lot in other sports. I think, as a conference, we have something to be proud of what with being 10 years old, and making a statement. Look at the WAC where it stands now. Yeah, we're looking for a better home, but in the mean time...In the immortal words of this board... I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin.

• Downvote 2

No one knows the Sunbelt enough to refer to us as the SBC. We're way too young, and since this is only the 10th anniversary of this conference I think we should wear this new Logo with pride.

Only?

Look I gagree that this logo may be better than something in the past but lets face it, no one even looks at the conference logo. I watch college football all the time and can't recall any conference logo off the top of my head. But 10 years is quite a long time to establish a name for yourself...and I think we have, it's just not the "name" any of us want.

• Downvote 4