What Is Your Favorite Beer?

UNTLifer

Depends on the season and what I might be eating at the time. My everyday drink is Trummer Pils, brewed in Berkley in a brewery owned by Gambrinus. Gambrinus also owns Shiner. My favorite Shiner is the Black Lager. But I drink a lot of the Texas beers: Rahr, Real Ale, Live Oak, Franconia and St Arnolds. Twin Peak's Naughty Brunette is brewed by Franconia in McKinney. They used to brew Twin Peaks Dirty Blonde but no longer.

I've always wanted to try one of the Rahr beers. St. Arnolds is a good beer and they have great tours of the brewery in Houston if you are ever down that way.

I've also heard mention of Real Ale out of Blanco, but have never seen it.

Real Ale from Blanco, Texas is my absoulte favorite. Although it is tough to find sometimes so these also are suffice.

Pyramid Hefewiezen

AMBAR

Dos XX

Shiner Bock

Great thread.

Of the Real Ale styles, I only like Fireman's 4. I don't think the others are much good.

Real Ale has some interesting beers. Their Coffee Porter uses coffee beans from Mexico that are locally roasted. The Sisyphus Barleywine is not for the faint of heart at 10% ABV. It got it's name from the work involved in putting that much grain in a brew kettle in a room with less than 6 foot ceilings. They moved to a new place now.

Brand: Dos XX (CBL knows this to be true)

All I know is that you ruined my credit cards with your personality, sir.

Breweries:

Brooklyn Summer...not just my favorite Summer beer, but this may well be my right-out favorite. The Brooklyn Ale, Brown and Pennant are also quite tasty.

The is a place in New Haven called simply "BAR" that makes a mean Watermelon Summer Ale that I anticipate with baited breathe every year.

Some of my other favorite small-breweries: Live Oak, Rogue, Ommegang, Red Hook and Southhampton.

Cheap concert beer: High Life, PBR, Narragansett or Schaefers

When I'm back in Texas: Shiner, Lone Star or Live Oak

And only from one Greenpoint bar...and only from one insanely cute, ginger bartender: Lindeman's Pineapple Lambic.

Depends on the season and what I might be eating at the time. My everyday drink is Trummer Pils, brewed in Berkley in a brewery owned by Gambrinus. Gambrinus also owns Shiner. My favorite Shiner is the Black Lager. But I drink a lot of the Texas beers: Rahr, Real Ale, Live Oak, Franconia and St Arnolds. Twin Peak's Naughty Brunette is brewed by Franconia in McKinney. They used to brew Twin Peaks Dirty Blonde but no longer.

Do you still have your radio show about beer?

Are you still judging the Texas State Fair Home Brew contest?

Awesome thread !

My favorite beers are IPA's, usually brewed with Cascade hops (citrus overtones):

1) Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

2) Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

I am finally going to try Pliny The Elder next month when I visit N California (they won't ship to Texas). Pliny is probably the world's best IPA according to most.

My favorite Non-IPA to drink on a special occassion:

1) Chimay Grand Reserve

If I just want a Mexican session beer to chug by the pool:

1) Bohemia

Favorite beer that you can get almost anywhere in Texas.

1) Shiner Bock

I am now officially thirsty ;)