***Official UNT vs. SMU In-Game Discussion (THE FINALE)***

Coach Andy Mac

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Some of you seemed to think NT had a real chance against one of the best teams that can be bought. 

I don't like NT losing to anyone, but SMU probably bothers me the less.   The average starting SMU player probably is paid more than NT's average coach. 

What's even more bothersome is that SMU and other programs with mega-million NILs can come and buy our best players after each season, meaning programs like ours will be in a constant year-over-year rebuilding mode through the transfer portal trying to pick-up P5 scraps (Texas State style).

I agree that I really see no reason to play SMU or any mega-million NIL school in the future.  Let them play together and attempt to out-spend each other by throwing bad money over bad.  So much for student athletes!  😄

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Check the records every year from the disastrous 2019 season until last year and you will see that they were absolutely on an upward trend, just not quickly enough for the pitchfork crowd.

Below 0.500 against FBS that entire time.  What are you talking about?  The only improvement was 2020 to 2021.   Seven years in and we are a pitch fork crowd?  No heir apparent QB on the roster, best defensive players leaving mediocre defenses?  Are you on this man’s payroll?   How about you extend some of the patience you had for Seth in years 5-7 to Eric’s FIRST SEASON.   🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ForneyGreen said:

What's even more bothersome is that SMU and other programs with mega-million NILs can come and buy our best players after each season, meaning programs like ours will be in a constant year-over-year rebuilding mode through the transfer portal trying to pick-up P5 scraps (Texas State style).

I agree that I really see no reason to play SMU or any mega-million NIL school in the future.  Let them play together and attempt to out-spend each other by throwing bad money over bad.  So much for student athletes!  😄

I differ a little, on playing big NIL schools like for example SEC programs.   Yes, you have no significant chance to win but it can be a great experience for NT athletes, be a big payday,  and provide a lot of exposure for the school.  Playing SMU does not accomplish anything IMO.   

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Check the records every year from the disastrous 2019 season until last year and you will see that they were absolutely on an upward trend, just not quickly enough for the pitchfork crowd.

The only trend Littrell was on was to play .500 ball.  At this point I don't know if Morris will be better, but a change was definitely needed.  

• Upvote 2

Has Caponi been released yet? I thought as soon as we became non-bowl eligible he would be let go. This was a wasted season.

Man what a disaster Neal has on his hands. Jared, Eric…it doesn’t seem like it should be this bad but it is. How on earth do you rebuild energy for this entire athletic department.

Can’t have the money maker program shutting down in 14 days for too many years in a row. Those extra 3 weeks and planning for Frisco made all the difference in the world. 

So bizarre this season. The end is usually a disaster with new head coach coming in. This just fees long. September feels forever away. 

Glad I never have to watch us lose in Ford again or to smu in football again.

gmg

#fixit 

• Upvote 6
  • Oh Boy! 1

7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The offense Bloesch and Littrell ran didn’t require a Chandler Rogers. It made fantastic use of our outstanding running backs, offensive line, and tight ends.

The offensive line and tight end usage this year is incredibly frustrating. They went from strengths in recent years to a weakness and/or nonexistent this year. This offense is like watching high school football and if it weren't for Rogers and a great receiving corps led by a Littrell recruited transfer, it would be an absolute embarrassment.

Morris started Earle. He did not evalute the QB position correctly. He got lucky with Rogers. We could be a 1 win or 0 win team but he got lucky. People don't understand how bad this team is performing in almost every category minus QB and WR play. We've 100% regressed with this hire.

First year coach, rookie coach, I don't care. For where we were, he was the wrong hire.

Edit to correct a typo.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I was at the game last night. Seeing us shoot ourselves in the foot has been our MO this season. I just got to see it live this time. So incredibly frustrating.  

CR has been our best qb in a while, but he tends to hold on to the ball way too long. There are moments he could throw the ball away to live another day, instead runs around with only one hand on the ball.

And what’s the deal with these big pass plays? Isn’t this what having 3 safeties in the 3-3-5 is suppose to not give up? Every big pass play always seems like our DB is playing the man and not the ball. I only saw that one time where Tejada turns to knock the ball away. Most of the time, him included, wait for the ball to be caught before trying to tackle the ball away. That’s coaching. 

Edited by 3_n_out
  • Upvote 4

Morris is a decent Offensive Coordinator. Head Football coach not so much. He was hired to take us to "The Next" level. What we weren't told was "The Next" level is at minimum two years away. Morris ain't going any where for At Least two years btw.

All we can hope for is he's got the gonads to get a new DC and Morris some how makes progress in his ability to be a complete FBS HC. His first step IMO would be to un-ass his DC. I don't expect DATCU to be any where near full anytime soon. 

Mosley didn't make the hire he thought he did. It's a NT thing.

This should be worth a couple of down votes...lol

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

What are you trying to say here?  We don’t need CR?

I’m saying that Littrell’s team could’ve beaten FIU with or without Rogers. Someone was making the case that if Littrell is still here then we are worse off because Rogers doesn’t come and I said that wouldn’t matter.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The offense Bloesch and Littrell ran didn’t require a Chandler Rogers. It made fantastic use of our outstanding running backs, offensive line, and tight ends.

Thinking Seth’s team runs game is so dominant they beat anyone on this year’s schedule other than FIU is pure delusion. You have to have a good defense (or at least ranked above 80 in FBS) to make that work.  We weren’t close to UTSA the second game last year.  They beat nobody the caliber of Tulane, Memphis, California, they aren’t getting close with a QB throwing around 50% completions who isn’t scary run threat.  Cannot believe we have people pining for mediocre Seth 🤦🏽‍♂️ irrational and sad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

It’s been pretty obvious since game 1.  When you swing and miss this bad, it’s obvious to everyone.  We’ve seen it with Dodge and Benford.  For some reason, we stick things out.  This defense has needed to make a change all year and hasn’t.  Giving up 300 rushing yards every game is the problem.  That should be the only thing the coaches focus on fixing until it is fixed.  Yet we see the same thing every game.  I don’t see why anyone would want to give them a whole second season to prove they can adjust and fix it when they’ve already proven that they WON’T adjust right now.

Better programs recognize mistakes and correct them.

I am 100% with you if the DC isn’t fired sometime this week or immediately following the next game.   The only way being dead last in FBS defense is excusable is if you’ve lost your top 3 defensive starters to season ending injuries, you are playing out of conference "body-bag" games against top 10 ranked teams.  And you are statistically the best offensive conference from top to bottom.

• Upvote 1