Praying Maclin does not enter the portal.

WQuinn27

Rogers went from Southern Miss to a JUCO to ULM. Since he went to a JUCO before ULM it was like he was never at Southern Miss. 

Maclin doesn’t have JUCO eligibility left. Next year will be his fifth season of college football. Two at Missouri, two at UNT. I believe he got a medical redshirt one year at Missouri then a normal redshirt the other year there. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WQuinn27 said:

Little worried about it.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

He’s already transferred once. He can’t transfer again until he graduates. It is another reason we should be building through the portal as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He can't unless he sits or graduates. 

As another poster said, it's why recruiting the portal is advantageous. It actually creates roster stability, oddly enough. 

He has been very good for us. Good football player. 

Maclin is scheduled to graduate next summer. Rogers is a graduate as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think a QB and WR on pace to be first team all conference are locks to leave. Why risk leaving a system that's working so well for you? Ask Shorter and Zakhari Franklin how their NFL prospects are looking...

They'll likely get sizable bags here and continue to put up tons of tape. And don't forget, its not like Maclin's family is hurting for cash...

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don't think a QB and WR on pace to be first team all conference are locks to leave. Why risk leaving a system that's working so well for you? Ask Shorter and Zakhari Franklin how their NFL prospects are looking...

They'll likely get sizable bags here and continue to put up tons of tape. And don't forget, its not like Maclin's family is hurting for cash...

to play on a winning team

• Eye Roll 1

I guess any decent player NT has is going to have posts about the likelihood of transferring. 

With NIL, tampering, staff changes, academics, competition; there are all types of factors involved in possible transfers.  Posting about every player that could be involved is a futile exercise.

Just assume at NT like at every other school that players are going to be lost or gained.  IMO, until a transfer is announced; it is not worth fan's concern. 

On 11/6/2023 at 7:37 AM, MeanGreenZen said:

He’s already transferred once. He can’t transfer again until he graduates. It is another reason we should be building through the portal as much as possible. 

It's true that he transferred from Missouri but he still had four years of eligibility left.  He played in three games his freshman thereby making that his redshirt season.  He was injured his second season and did not appear at all.  Last year he was a freshman and this year he is a sophomore which means that he still has two years of eligibility left.  He will graduate next year, only his third season of playing.  Hopefully, he could take his fourth season as a graduate student.  He likes it here and might prefer doing that as opposed to transferring somewhere else.  He should be well known by then and could cost some serious NIL money.  But in my opinion he's worth it.

On 11/6/2023 at 2:53 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

Sizable as compared to what? And Jeremy and Ja'Mori are cousins, so I doubt Ja'Mori's family is set for cash.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

You have to remember though that Jeremy played in the NFL for nine years so he should have a few dollars more.

His total in contracts is just under 50 million, so after taxes and agents he probably pulled in between 25 and 30 mill and hasn't played since 2017. A lot of money for someone but not enough to support multiple families.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

His total in contracts is just under 50 million, so after taxes and agents he probably pulled in between 25 and 30 mill and hasn't played since 2017. A lot of money for someone but not enough to support multiple families.

Assuming Jeremy didn't blow all of his money, that is absolutely enough to support multiple families.  

Edited by GreenGuy123
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

On 11/13/2023 at 12:15 AM, Cooley said:

Hope we can hang on to 6-5 WR commit Baron Tipton of Coppell. Kid is having a monster year and surely attracting major interest from others. I think he helps this team from day 1.  

Along with Jaydon Smith.  Young man has had an incredible year at WR.  We show him being recruited as an Athlete, as he also plays DB and punts for Ingleside.