Our AD made a MASSIVE mistake with this HC hire

Travis

4 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Ive honestly never seen so many away team fans on the 3rd floor.  I assume they called the ticket office and waived some Bay Area cash that the ticket office just couldn't say no to.

The ticket office and the scholarship fund always make it very opaque how people get a hold of single game HC tickets who don't have a current HC ticket holder buying it for them.  I think a lot of long time HC ticket holders would be royally pissed if they found out how prevalent it actually is.

There was a family that sat net our table where we ate. Before the food came out someone was talking to them and I heard them say they use to live in the area and his brother went to UNT so they came up for the game… so maybe a family member gave them tickets… although I think they had 5-6 people in the group so who knows. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NT93 said:

You guys can tell after one game that Coach Morris was a bad hire?  Y’all are good.  Real good.

So once the season ends and those observations are confirmed are you coming back to this thread to eat crow?  I don't know if he is a bad hire.  But I do we dealt with a smaller coaching candidate pool because we held on to Seth all season for NOTHING.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, cdizzle86 said:

I knew when Earle was named the starter it was going to be a really rough season. I’m sorry but a mediocre transfer from a division 2 school doesn’t belong on the field for us. I know that’s harsh but it’s reality.

Apparently a decent starter who played at a division 1 school also doesn’t belong on the field for us either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, LETitFLYguy said:

Lol he was literally offensive coordinator last year at Washington St..... a Power 5 school

Ok. For some reason I thought he came from incarnate word? Google is my friend. He was at IW and then at WSU for one season.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Interesting, I was not able to get a hub seat on the secondary market most of last year.  And I saw none for today’s game.

They comp the vast majority of the seats and those are no-shows because ... well... the product. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

They comp the vast majority of the seats and those are no-shows because ... well... the product. 

Yup.  You basically get one home opener and it sets the stage for a year or longer in terms of support and fans.  Morris blew that terribly yesterday.  He underestimated how far down Littrell had lowered this program and now we  have to deal with that mistake for a very long time.  Morris is very green as a head coach and it showed yesterday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

15 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

I’m going to withhold my final judgement until the end of the season, but my first impression is that we hired the wrong AD who hired the wrong coach.

I don’t remember ever seeing a home opener with such bad attendance, not even counting new coach, new conference, and Pac 12 opponent. That is squarely on Mosley’s AD.

And then the football performance needs no explanation. We’ve made Cal look like Georgia. Even UT-Martin is holding Georgia closer than we did Cal.

It's just the 1st game of the season so I am with holding judgement as we really don't know how good Cal is or how bad we are. Regarding attendance, 20,000 is our average so why would we expect it to be any better. Check out our home game opening attendance for the  last 10 years for comparison .The student section was sparse , which has been an ongoing problem for decades, plus I assume students who might have attended went home over the Labor Day weekend. A poor on field product is normally reflected by poor attendance. However when Fine had his two great years the attendance meter didn't budge much if at all.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

SUMG brought up a good point that Grant lost his first home game to UT Rio Grande Valley. I'm not happy either but maybe some of us had our green glasses on for too long and thought this team was a lot better than we might be. 

Plus SUMG pointed out the year of what is arguably UNT’s greatest win ever over a  7 & 4 Tennessee Vols team, Fry’s team opened the ‘75 season with a 61-7 loss to a mediocre Okla. St. Cowboys.  

Most of our group is pissed that the last 3 years we’ve sat by & watched Traylor & Company out-recruit  our favorite school & then prove it on the scoreboard. (I still love to see Traylor nearly blow a gasket every time he gets mad like at the end of the UH game last night).

We’ve all been here before, folks.

GMG!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

It's just the 1st game of the season so I am with holding judgement as we really don't know how good Cal is or how bad we are. 

Honestly, we saw they team on the field. Its not which team was good or bad. We just simply played awful. We looked awful. 

There is no magic team we play where we don't look bad after that game. That is what scares me.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1