Wednesday at Noon, Hub Club: Joint Press Conferences and NIT Celebration

NT80

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Listening to this thing, and it with how coach Hodge is talking, it sounds like we can rely on Rubin, Aaron, Moulaye, and Matthew coming back.

My thoughts exactly. Same from Chrisdon Morgan, who someone said might be transferring.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Where is Moore? Haven’t seen him in any pictures…

He was there for the whole team picture if I remember correctly.

Also hard not to tear up when Hodge was talking about all the former players and coaches, and especially Mac. You can tell those two really love each other and while it's a bummer he's not here anymore, I'm definitely excited for Hodge to take the reigns. You can tell he really cares about his players

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 6:07 PM, NM Green said:

In my F&B trainings I tell servers “I want you to speak enthusiastically about your menu. If it sounds like you like your foods and beverages I’m going to be more enthusiastic to order your options, enjoy them, spend more on them. D Magazine said this was a big deal! UNT just won the second most important national basketball tournament in the country. I think LSU would disagree, 2nd or 3rd it’s still a big freaking deal. 

Two things: I love how business-like Jared is. I feel our athletics is safe under his watch. He is not a cheerleader. Hodge May be be amazing and I am excited he is leading us. Unless there is a big personality unleash I am not sure he is a cheerleader. They can’t be Grant. Be yourselves and continue us on this great trajectory.

But we need a Party. The players deserve a round of love from the UNT faithful. The Maniacs deserve another dress up day. With that said we are Denton. Parade takes planning. To Ricks point it’s too late. The super pit would look sad. Have a street party at Eastside. Have a maniacs section. Have a stage the team can raise the trophy on one more time. Bring business to a fan favorite. Have a food truck blowout. Have some local bands play make it a 3-4 hour event on a weekend or Thursday night to get the kids. 

If FC Dallas can sellout almost every game after years of empty stadiums we can improve in this area. They hired a Dallas Mavericks marketer and boom. “This person” needs to be hired for our athletic department. We’ve got the serious boardroom guys hired, ready to go. We need the unreasonable sales guru, cheer leader, fan link, maniacs follower, gomeangreen watcher…the type of person who might even make Jared a little squishy. 

Lastly, make the banner night something amazing to remember forever, until we get Big Dance banners ordered. A save the date please like a wedding invite.  I and many need to drop this into a calendar and schedule around it. 

GMG

I know several Mean Green board members who could fill that bill!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Also hard not to tear up when Hodge was talking about all the former players and coaches, and especially Mac. You can tell those two really love each other and while it's a bummer he's not here anymore, I'm definitely excited for Hodge to take the reigns. You can tell he really cares about his players

I thought Coach Hodge gave a great speech today and yes you can really tell how close him and Mac are! Love it when he said Mac will go down as the winningest UNT coach…paused and said well for basketball, coach Hedlund with women's soccer has that record! Great day.

• Upvote 5

This says it all. Coach M. celebrating a big win....but who the hell does he coach for? Look very close and you will see.

NIT Wisconsin North Texas Basketball

Coach M. at the Texas Tech welcoming event. 

McCasland Tech intro

Coach Hodge at intro event. Look what he is wearing....not what he is holding up.

Basketball Coaches

Were it not for the NT flag pin on his lapel..........

This is pure NT.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 9
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

This says it all. Coach M. celebrating a big win....but who the hell does he coach for? Look very close and you will see.

NIT Wisconsin North Texas Basketball

Coach M. at the Texas Tech welcoming event. 

McCasland Tech intro

Coach Hodge at intro event. Look what he is wearing....not what he is holding up.

Basketball Coaches

Were it not for the NT flag pin on his lapel..........

This is pure NT.

Are you talking about Mac wearing the NIT pin that all the coaches get?  I'd wear it too.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

My biggest takeaways from watching the event replay :

1. The emotion for Tylor and how hard it is leaving his teammates.  

2. I really like Burton and see a good leader.

3.  The reality that success and leadership demand high character and can be real tests for a person . Let’s all 🙏 and / or wish for Ross’ protection .

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen said:

3.  The reality that success and leadership demand high character and can be real tests for a person . Let’s all 🙏 and / or wish for Ross’ protection .

We have years before Ross is poached based off of what he said today.  He is looking for an exact fit for him, his family and the culture that he is leading.  Don't get me wrong... this guys makes a run in the tourney in the next few years then the doors will be kicked down by P5 teams in the region.  

That being said he might be even more bought in to the idea of UNT being a legit program than even Grant was (pains me to say). 

He has the basis built by Mac and Crew.  Just has to expand it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Couple of odd observations as I watch this now. 
1.  Where can I get a Battle Flag lapel pin. Love it. 
2.  Love Jared’s belt with the SOW buckle. 
3.  Really impressed with Burton, not knowing much about him until now.  Love that he has a past with Hodge and support each other. 
4.  Sounded like a pretty good crowd despite the day and time. 
5. Hodge’s 86% winning percentage  as a head coach is incredibly impressive.  
6.  Based on the reports of how many jobs he has passed on, is this his dream job?  Hope so. 
7.  I see they were able to get ahold of some green jerseys. 
8.  Love the emotion from Hodge as he  talks about players past and present. Says a lot. 
9.  Love how he talks about family and how important it is to him.  Understand the feelings he has about his father. 
10.  His emotions says a lot about the character of McCasland. Now that time has passed, I wish Mac well and understand how blessed we were to have him here for as long as we did. 
11. The “Next One”. Love it. 
12. We are in great hands with Hodge. 
13.  Still calling Apogee, Apogee. Curious about how the new naming is coming along. Have they ever thought of naming rights for the Super Pit?  
14.  Love the core returning. Jones, Scott, Moulaye, Stone and Big and Little Chris is an awesome base to build from and says a lot about how they not only feel about Hodge but the program and university as a whole. 
15.  Really pushing the Maniacs. 
16.  Great to see the Mayor in the front row and thankful that hopefully this is the start of a wonderful relationship. 
17. It was good to see Papa Wayne made it to the ceremony. 
18. Wish someone was working the camera so that we could have seen the highlights they were showing. 
19.  Edit to the above. I wish we had someone work the camera that knew how to work it. 
20.  TP made me tear up. So thankful for the high character of these young men. Truly a special group. 
21.  This program is in great hands. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CMJ said:

Are you talking about Mac wearing the NIT pin that all the coaches get?  I'd wear it too.

WHAT? I'm talking about his ALL WHITE outfit with the smallest embroidery I've ever seen. You have to squint to be able to read "mean green". He's getting well paid to clearly show who he is representing.....and it looks like he's representing just about anyone but North Texas. 

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen said:

I just watched a few minutes of Coach Hodge speaking to the group and my two biggest takeaways were,

1. Were it not for the battle flag pin on his left lapel, (like Coach M,) you wouldn't have a clue as to what school had just hired him. Not one item of clothing was green.

2. Coach Hodge had to encourage/coax the fans/alumni there to stand up and applaud the NIT champions who were there in the room. 

MY GOD! That was embarrassing. 

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2